Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.48.26.x update, font size problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sindron

Dec 25, 2020
Ohio
Moderator note: Corrected original title...the software version being discussed is not software release V11.

Moderator note #2: The first 4-ish pages of this thread are a merge of four different threads on roughly the same topic.

I have a model s and did the update now The instrument cluster display writing so small it is hard if not impossible to read while driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
26 was only for those with the speaker as of last night (VIN limited). I assume we will get it shortly or part two will include the visualization parts and not the sounds part )since we don’t have the speaker) and also the other things that were not included here for lack of testing time.

I have a model s and did the update now The instrument cluster display writing so small it is hard if not impossible to read while driving.
He's actually right. Just installed 48.26, and they have noticeably reduced icon and font sizes on the instrument cluster in S/X. Things are hard to see now. Do they realize the majority of S/X demographic likely suffers from age induced farsightedness?

Can you post pictures?
PXL_20201226_232057924.jpg

I’m an ophthalmologist snd I’m having trouble with small font size. Maybe you Tesla could put an option to choose various fonts/sizes to make all happy!?
One could make the case that it is required by law. What is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)? | ADA National Network
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990. The ADA is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. The purpose of the law is to make sure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. The ADA gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities similar to those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, and religion. It guarantees equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in public accommodations, employment, transportation, state and local government services, and telecommunications.