Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.48.26.x update, font size problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We can't be talking about the same update????? The only one thing that I guess you might can consider good about it is that is that my wife now prefers not to drive the MSP because of, her words, "Useless drivers display". So less tickets for our family :) might be good...

M
Of course I have an M3P. My only quibble is that use of low contrast colors is not optimal. I thought everyone who had anything to do with displays for vehicles (road-going, air, water, rail-they're all the same in this respect) knew that low contrast equals poor visibility. I call it minor because , for me anyway, the visibility is adequate anyway. I am totally in favor is user adjustable fonts and contrast. Pretty much everything else I regularly use has that capability.

I have not driven any X,S, Y with this update. From what I saw of S screenshots I can readily understand the ire!

I was watching this and was reminded of the UI issues in this thread and others:

Bruce.

Gosh, I'm pretty sure Tesla has never heard the words "Human Factors". :(

I love the line "every popup has to earn it way onto the flight deck".

I still just shake my head and wonder HTF do these decisions get made at Tesla. They're constantly making driving harder, less safe, and significantly more dangerous. For what exactly? Letting a bunch of young developers with perfect eyesight circle-jerk themselves?

Am I the only person who really likes this update?

I like the update on my X, overall. I think the instrument panel layout looks better on the IP than the loaner I had on the old software not long ago. And solitaire is nice because it actually loads quickly and works with the car in drive, unlike the native web widget based apps, that take forEVER to load

It's not as stable though. I've had to do a thumb wheel reset quite a few times since .26 and now on .30 and still happening once every week or so. That wasn't happening before the .48.26 batch of updates.

Reactions: jbcarioca
I was watching this and was reminded of the UI issues in this thread and others:

Bruce.

This is actually the kind of engineering I expect would be behind Tesla's driver systems. They've done such a great job on the mechanicals and electronics, but treat the human interfaces like toys. I appreciate the humor to a degree, but when I'm out driving, I'm all business.

Still nearly 15% of TeslaFI users refusing the update...

I'm sure it's even more than that on model 3 only.

I don't understand how tesla hasn't released a patch/update/rollback yet with such a slap in the face
I read Teslafi since more than a year, usually updates at near 95% adoption in a matter of days.

We're a month later !

Elon & Tesla Devs : people hate the new UI, especially on the M3, get your things together !!!

Still nearly 15% of TeslaFI users refusing the update...

I'm sure it's even more than that on model 3 only.

I don't understand how tesla hasn't released a patch/update/rollback yet with such a slap in the face
I read Teslafi since more than a year, usually updates at near 95% adoption in a matter of days.

We're a month later !

Elon & Tesla Devs : people hate the new UI, especially on the M3, get your things together !!!

Too bad that doesn't work for long. Mine updated without my confirmation after having refused it for 2 weeks...

It surprises me too that they don't seem to be rushed to repair this.

• Informative
Reactions: CT3PO
0FA3EB71-05B2-4721-8927-CDBF79E418F9.jpeg
Currently downloading 2020.48.35.5

I don’t see anything new…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mark95476 and rmh9