Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2021.40 update stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright - just to update incase someone sees this down the road.

I couldn't book an appointment because I had a service appointment already. I used the chat function for my booked appointment (not related to this) and asked for help about this situation. They basically remoted in and reset the software on the car. Asked me to reboot the car with double scroll wheel method on the steering wheel (not the hard reset with the brake + double scroll wheel) and restart my app (which is iOS so I basically swiped up to fully close the app so it's not running in the background). After all that, all is well.

Prior to having them remote reset the software, I've already did the double scroll wheel reset which didn't help. So they did something on their end to fix the issue.

And note; resetting the software remotely or double scroll wheel reset does not wipe any of the saved settings I had on my car. My profile is still there.

Hope this helps someone.

• Informative
Reactions: MikkoJ and impastu
I just called the vehicle support line and they fixed it. Mine M-S refresh was at 32% for >24hrs. Seems that the update will 'stall' like that if the WiFi is interrupted. The support person canceled and resent the signal - now it is flowing in.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu