Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

software update 2022.16.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far nobody seems to have it. Hopefully it gets released for all 3's and Y's - I assume its a matter of making sure the right force is applied which may be different if the regen has changed due to any changes in the builds over time?

Got 2022.16.1.1 last night. Drove today, no option for the regen/mechanical brake blend.

2022 M3P 11/2021 build with Atom MCU and no FSD.

Just got pushed 2022.16.1.2 about an hour ago, but haven’t driven yet.

Were you / have you, been getting the wrong (delayed) date for "Your software is up to date as of ..." ?

Like this is me today (June 18):

IMG_1527.jpeg

I've done the forget / reconnect to WiFi as well as soft reset (wheel buttons) and it's kind of stuck.

Were you / have you, been getting the wrong (delayed) date for "Your software is up to date as of ..." ?

View attachment 818065

I've done the forget / reconnect to WiFi as well as soft reset (wheel buttons) and it's kind of stuck.
I will have to check. I usually don’t pay attention to the date and see when updates are available in the Tesla app.

I’m doing a 225 mile trip tomorrow morning...I will check everything 👍😀

We just did a few hundred miles and everything looked the same. I thought it be kind of cool to see a little icon that showed head or crosswinds on the route. Only thing different I noticed was SC preconditioning now has a dark background so you can actually read it.

View attachment 818065

Different date for me when I checked yesterday (June 18). But still wrong.
F9C22273-397B-4801-B54C-F57678519342.jpeg
Still no option for the regen/mechanical brake blending.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX

View attachment 818065

Yes! Mine has been stuck on May 27 for nearly a month now regardless of how many times it has apparently checked for updates. What's interesting is that today the car indicated 2022.16.1.2 was available (from 2022.12.x) and after downloading/installing, with the car now showing it's on 2022.16.1.2, the last update check is still showing as May 27.

There's allot of talk about the regen/friction brake blend. If you enable it you will eat through your brake pads allot faster and lose allot of regen electricity every every time you slow the car and the setting enables the friction blend. This won't be every time you slow, but every time you slow and the feature activities you are losing or on regen and eating your brake pads. In my opinion better to just not benefit the feature. I'm surprised that so many cars looking forward to it. I mean I can understand if a 90 year old grandmother was confused about the different rates of deceleration and wanted a constant speed. I understand why it would be a good thing for her granddaughter or whoever to set this feature for her. I'm going to continue to just start slowing down a little further back when I notice regen breaking is not on Max and it's fine. I'll get more electricity regenerated and save my break pads for when I choose to strongly decelerate or stop and not use friction breaks every single time I take my foot off the accelerator and the battery is cold or state of charge is high. That's allot of break pads and wasted free regen electricity.

Reactions: d-sub
There's allot of talk about the regen/friction brake blend. If you enable it you will eat through your brake pads allot faster and lose allot of regen electricity every every time you slow the car and the setting enables the friction blend. This won't be every time you slow, but every time you slow and the feature activities you are losing or on regen and eating your brake pads. In my opinion better to just not benefit the feature. I'm surprised that so many cars looking forward to it. I mean I can understand if a 90 year old grandmother was confused about the different rates of deceleration and wanted a constant speed. I understand why it would be a good thing for her granddaughter or whoever to set this feature for her. I'm going to continue to just start slowing down a little further back when I notice regen breaking is not on Max and it's fine. I'll get more electricity regenerated and save my break pads for when I choose to strongly decelerate or stop and not use friction breaks every single time I take my foot off the accelerator and the battery is cold or state of charge is high. That's allot of break pads and wasted free regen electricity.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Brakes don't magically disappear when you use them. My 16 X requires me to brake and guess what...I've still got a ton of life in them. Hell, in my ICE I drive AGGRESSIVELY on the track and my pads will last me almost an entire year, driving a weekend a month.