TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Software update 8.0.2

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

Key fob linked driver profiles, supercharger amenities and more! Check in on whether you've received the update on your X or not, we are taking a road trip tomorrow and it'd be nice if we got update tonight.

2. MX1028

MX1028 Member

Taking Delivery tomorrow so will be interesting to see if they will update it fully before handing it off to us.

3. travwill

travwill Active Member

#3 travwill, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Cool. Our X just got 2.50.114 now. Yeah, we just got this functionality. Here are RNs & EQ UI for those expecting soon:

Summon's tweaks, EQ settings (they do sound better and work well), supercharger amenity icons, linking to fobs per profile if want, and door closing fix (now trip click) for all those accidental closings. Also can open driver and passenger door now with double clicks.

IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Did install this morning

Update 2.50.144 is Fob-ulous

5. polymathic

polymathic Member

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I only have 8.0 (2.48.35) and took delivery from the factory a week ago. Even the auto headlights don't work.

• Funny x 1
  6. travwill

travwill Active Member

Yeah, you guys with AP2 are behind but will catch up soon with all the driver's assistance and these features...

7. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Same as poly here, week old X, firmware without anything. It was delivered with less than the newest firmware and hasn't updated since.

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The place to "check in" when you receive the update is ev-fw.com
    It was created so the forum isn't cluttered with a lot of "I got it"' and "I didn't get it yet" posts.

• Like x 1
  9. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I haven’t had a firmware update since 2.44.121 on 11/11 but today I have a notification, so it is probably this one and with all the fob function updates I suspect this one will be widespread. Please check to see if the TACC+AP speed is limited by the posted speed limit on secondary roads.

• Like x 1
  10. outie

outie Active Member

I just updated mine this morning. Another example of update regression -

In order to use double-click to open the driver's door, you now must enable "Automatic front doors". This will also open the passenger door on the second double-click (1st time for driver's door and 2nd time for passenger door, a welcome feature). The Automatic front doors will also enable the auto-driver door on approach/leaving.

So the Automatic front doors enables 3 things now (and none of them works if this is disabled) -
    - Auto driver's door on key fob detection. Opens when key is detected and close when key is not detected.
    - Double click to open driver's door
    - 2nd double click to open passenger's door

Why can't they decouple this setting? I don't want my door keeps popping open when I go to the garage to do something, but I do want the double-click functionality.

• Like x 3
  11. travwill

travwill Active Member

These coupled likely pushes people to get the Premium Upgrade Package more. If what you are saying is true, then it seems those without the PUP will have to now push the button on the actual door to open it, no more fob door opening for them even without the PUP. Usually legal or $$$ reasons behind a lot of decisions.

12. outie

outie Active Member

While that makes sense, they could simply disable that functionality altogether for those cars without PUP, just like how they can disable tow setting for cars that don't have the tow package.

13. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I don't venture over into X discussions very often, but seeing this in the "New Threads" I thought I'd take a quick look.

It sounds like perhaps some of you may be unfamiliar with Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, which was started to gather information on firmware updates, and so that other threads would not get cluttered up with "Me Too" posts.

I highly recommend using the above site to research what's going on firmware update-wise. And of course by adding your own information, if you so choose, you'll add value to the site.

14. DrivingTheFuture

Very informative, however please clarify on opening driver and passenger door, with double click of what?

15. DrivingTheFuture

That is likely because you have autopilot 2.0 and we have version 1.0

• Like x 1
  16. DrivingTheFuture

We have had the X for months and have never been able to open the front doors with the fob, and we did not purchase PUP, so it seems this was already the case. It will be interesting to see if this changes with recent update

17. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

#17 vandacca, Dec 22, 2016
    Double-click key top of FOB to open driver's door. Double-click top of FOB again to open passenger's door.

18. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

Is anyone else seeing a new Autopilot restriction to the actual speed limit (instead of 5 mph over) on non-divided roads?

I sure hope they fix the Autopilot database for highway 95 in Oregon (Autopilot thinks the speed limit is 55 when in fact it is 70).

19. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I think he meant what part of the fob. I take it you are referring to the top versus the side?

20. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

#20 vandacca, Dec 22, 2016
    I updated my previous post to indicate the "top" of the FOB. The front doors have always opened with a double-click to the top of the FOB.
    [​IMG]