Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 8.0.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I noticed the speed on autopilot is now restricted to the actual speed limit. I usually set the speed to 3 mph over the posted and now I can't ! Man this is irritating! Every upgrade is a downgrade (in some respect!!!) I hope they fix this, I wish they would just leave it alone sometimes!!!

Driving the ACTUAL speed limit encourages road rage from other drivers who will do everything in their power to pass you angrily.

Some dumb super computer.

A real super computer would drive at the minimum of 5 over the limit, possibly faster if it means better keeping with the flow of traffic.

As soon as one Tesla detects a police car, it should warn all other Teslas to adjust their speed accordingly.

Yes I noticed the speed on autopilot is now restricted to the actual speed limit. I usually set the speed to 3 mph over the posted and now I can't ! Man this is irritating! Every upgrade is a downgrade (in some respect!!!) I hope they fix this, I wish they would just leave it alone sometimes!!!
The speed restriction only applies to non divided roads where is recommended you do not use auto steering anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
Speaking of which I've always wondered what "higher quality material throughout the cabin" they are talking about for the PUP.

Aw, I think this means mainly the Alcantara along the dash, and perforated seats. The leather (if you have leather) is a softer Nappa leather or was previously. I'd have to check a non-PUP to see if the leather carries to the front lower dash areas and the steering wheels is probably the same black leather in both cases.

In an S at least, it is a noticeable difference when you own a PUP and drive a loaner PUP for instance, but its the same great car always.

Reactions: outie
Thanks. In that case the PUP is more than just biodefense/fog/ambient because full leather (dash,lower dash,etc) usually costs a lot more for other cars as well. I've always felt my X full leather is quite nice with the premium feel. My BMW is just plastic in those areas.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jevi_S85D
I'm confused- is this actually rolling out to AP2 owners? 2 week old car, still not a single update to it. How long does a rollout usually take?

It's an interesting first experience as an owner- to see all the marketing going on (Easter eggs, tweets), and for the Tesla story to be "continuous updates" but as a customer of one of the newest cars to be with the least features, and have no idea when you'll see an update.

As someone who designs software for vehicles, it's weird to see a pure push system, with zero ability for a customer to pull. In my industry, the marketing around the release is so exciting because it means any owner can go get it right now if they want to.

I just spent an hour failing to get the Xmas show to actually start. Moved the car around my driveway and then even tried in the middle of the cul-de-sac at the opposite end of my street.

When I press the fob to close the doors, just get the three low-frequency tones then nothing. The windows don't even start to roll down.

I hope this isn't a PUP only "feature". Was really looking forward to it!

I just spent an hour failing to get the Xmas show to actually start. Moved the car around my driveway and then even tried in the middle of the cul-de-sac at the opposite end of my street.

When I press the fob to close the doors, just get the three low-frequency tones then nothing. The windows don't even start to roll down.

I hope this isn't a PUP only "feature". Was really looking forward to it!
Did you try manually closing the door, then pushing the fob button? That's how I've done it.

I'm confused- is this actually rolling out to AP2 owners? 2 week old car, still not a single update to it. How long does a rollout usually take?

It's an interesting first experience as an owner- to see all the marketing going on (Easter eggs, tweets), and for the Tesla story to be "continuous updates" but as a customer of one of the newest cars to be with the least features, and have no idea when you'll see an update.

As someone who designs software for vehicles, it's weird to see a pure push system, with zero ability for a customer to pull. In my industry, the marketing around the release is so exciting because it means any owner can go get it right now if they want to.
Try the always connected option.

This seemed new to me, maybe another recent update, but noticed for first time yesterday that traffic congested streets seem to color code on the IC navigation as well now. Haven't seen this before....

IMG_0253.JPG

This seemed new to me, maybe another recent update, but noticed for first time yesterday that traffic congested streets seem to color code on the IC navigation as well now. Haven't seen this before....

View attachment 207635

I don't have the update yet and I saw these weird yellow lines too. They were over one interchange in Seattle all three times I went by. Just about 1/2 mile each. I think it's just something weird in the new maps. It sure didn't line up with the traffic I experienced.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad