Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be me, but it seems that with 2018.34.2 my biggest irritation has been resolved. I have MCU2, so it could be MCU2 specific but with older versions my audio would often not play after I got back in the car. Sometimes it would play some other channel or some other source, sometimes it would be muted.

This seems resolved. It continues to play where it left off now.

If this is reliably true for you I might just have to pester my local ranger for an update... This is my only major frustration with the car...

For those that failed, did you get a success notification as well?

I applied mine when I parked for work. I got a notification on my phone that the software update was successful, but you guys are getting me nervous I won't be able to drive home. Fingers crossed.

For those that failed, did you get a success notification as well?

I applied mine when I parked for work. I got a notification on my phone that the software update was successful, but you guys are getting me nervous I won't be able to drive home. Fingers crossed.

I only got a failure message, but the car is drive-able. Just has a persistent 'update required, contact Tesla service' notice. I called my local SC, and they are going to hook my car up and flash it to this release tomorrow. They said if the car is drive-able, you can alternately just wait a few days and they will likely re-push this or an updated version of the software.

Reactions: acraigl
My update failed this morning and threw a notice that it was a "required update" and I needed to call Tesla support. The car was on WiFi, fwiw. I called them and they said they will resolve it in the next 3-5 business days. Weird. I haven't been terribly impressed with 32.2 anyway; lots of little UI bugs.

Update to 34.1 from 32.2 failed this morning (received "firmware update fail" notification) and another update notification just before noon. This time it is success and got "firmware update complete" notification.
I still could drive the car but the headlights were always on (Auto mode) and TACC/EAP were not available while firmware update issue existed.

As mentioned by some others, I also updated today to 34.1 and didn't get the successful message, did get the need to update message and to call service center, but it shows that the update was installed and now I have the pin to start option which I didn't have before. Car can be driven and saw no problems. I called Service and like others, they said they would re-push the update and may take a few days to get it.

My screen looks like this after the update:

217753d1404149138-new-2014-civic-touchscreen-info-wallpaper-etc-hondalink-2nd-generation-kitt_big.jpg