Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was quoted $130 to replace my fob with the new fob that supposedly obviates the need for Pin to Drive.

Seems there should be some consideration for existing owners given that it’s inconvenient to use Pin to drive every. single. time, versus not having to.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
after a few weeks of walk away lock finally being solid, it failed again on me tonight after the update to 34.1. it's so incredibly frustrating how they keep breaking things while they're trying to fix other things.

Never had phone key issues before this update and now I have to open the app next to the car to get it unlocked. Annoying!

Haven’t experienced either of these issues before or after this last update. Using an iPhone X.

@diamond.g Call the service center and tell them to send you the latest update. They will say 'no' but it will come that evening. Everytime I call they say "no we don't do it like that", and I get an update alert around dinner time. Happened 2 times so far. Just try it.:p
Heh, after I posted that my car got the update. Then 20 minutes later Tesla called me to let me know this update should correct the LTE service issue I was randomly having.

Reactions: graphic
Heh, after I posted that my car got the update. Then 20 minutes later Tesla called me to let me know this update should correct the LTE service issue I was randomly having.
After the update, i still have issues with LTE connection.

The service centre has told me "the fix is in the next update" for the past 4 or 5 updates. Same things for my phone as key issues.

They have no idea...

Whew. After a failed update which killed autopilot, they pushed the update again and it was successful this time. I was fearing I would have to make a service appointment.

I came in to service this am and the update showed again as soon as I pulled in (huzzah for Tesla Service wifi!). They're installing it now and monitoring it. Also re-gluing my charge port door magnet.

I came in to service this am and the update showed again as soon as I pulled in (huzzah for Tesla Service wifi!). They're installing it now and monitoring it. Also re-gluing my charge port door magnet.

Well, it failed again so they're still working on it. But leaving in an S100D for the day does help assuage the annoyance, for sure.

I thought that was normal - that you had to open the app for it to work?

No, normally the doors should open as long as your phone is on you, screen off and locked.

I received the 34.1 update Monday 09/10 and it completely bricked my 2018 Model S 75D. It's still in the shop with no update.

The fact that the car can be completely incapacitated is something that worries me every time an update comes. Yes, any car could fail to start due to something breaking, but to have it be a software and not hardware reason just sucks. I've stopped letting it update in the middle of the night because of this and just wait until I get home from work the following day when I have time to deal with it if a problem comes up.

I received the 34.1 update Monday 09/10 and it completely bricked my 2018 Model S 75D. It's still in the shop with no update.
Can you clarify what you mean by "bricked"? Typically "bricked" means it is permanently broken.

brick
brik/
verb
past tense: bricked; past participle: bricked
  1. 1.
    block or enclose with a wall of bricks.
    "the doors have been bricked up"
  2. 2.
    informal
    cause (a smartphone or other electronic device) to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.

Reactions: MP3Mike
The fact that the car can be completely incapacitated is something that worries me every time an update comes. Yes, any car could fail to start due to something breaking, but to have it be a software and not hardware reason just sucks. I've stopped letting it update in the middle of the night because of this and just wait until I get home from work the following day when I have time to deal with it if a problem comes up.

That's a valid concern but it looks like it pretty isolated so mine could be a combination of hardware failure along with the update. My car was delivered in March 2018 with the new MPU so there could be issues with the new hardware. Support and roadside assistance has always been outstanding so even though this has happened, I'm not too concerned with further updates.

I will definitely post the results of their findings once I have them. Hopefully its very isolated.