Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like something specific with my car and that update. I can't wait to hear what the problem was/is.

Sounds similar for me. Service mentioned that the car was complaining of a version mismatch somewhere. So maybe some particular component revision on my vehicle is conflicting with what this update is expecting? Just spitballing. I should know more later today or tomorrow. And so I don't muddy up the thread--my car was not disabled. It just failed to update, shows a persistent 'update required, contact Tesla service' message, and Autopilot is non-functional.

I did notice while on AP last night that the car was much more abrupt in accelerating and slowing down when following someone else. It was not as smooth and seemed to accelerate and slow unnecessarily (the car in front remained at a relatively constant speed)

I did notice while on AP last night that the car was much more abrupt in accelerating and slowing down when following someone else. It was not as smooth and seemed to accelerate and slow unnecessarily (the car in front remained at a relatively constant speed)
I found it much more aggressive when follow was set between 1-3
However, with it up over 5 (I usually have it on 6) it is much more relaxed than before.
32.2 was pretty good already, but 34.1 slows down very smoothly and no longer accelerates hard just to slam on the brakes. Much more gradual.
Overall I'm impressed with the improvement, especially is real stop/go traffic

• Informative
Reactions: hh83917 and Falkirk
so I got this update notification earlier today, ran it, and then I got a "failed to update, contact tesla service" alert.. :/ . I called and they said yea a lot of people are getting this, wait for another update in a few days, you can still drive on it. OK, so I drive and notice no autopilot ability, so I say what the heck I'll drive it to the nearby sc. Took it there, they said they'll run the update again. Fails, twice more. They tell me I have to schedule to come back so an engineer can look into it and maybe have to flash/reinstall the OS on the entire car or something. Anyways, I'm just hoping we get a newer update that runs and fixes this for me before next week, when I have to bring it in.

Anyone getting repeated dropped phone calls? This is happening since the update when making my usual iphoneX to X phone call..both full bars and traveling in areas that never had problems before. Dropped 5 times in 5 minutes. Echo is gone though!

@diamond.g
man you think Tesla reads these posts??:eek:
They may, but in this case they had issues pulling logs from my car for the dropped signal. Or at least that is what I was told.
Interesting..... This update introduced LTE issues for me.... Right after I updated, I lost LTE for over 15 minutes.... Today (9/12) I have lost LTE twice for about 10 - 15 minutes each time...
yikes. I submitted an issue report online. Since bug report voice command wasn’t working.

so I got this update notification earlier today, ran it, and then I got a "failed to update, contact tesla service" alert.. :/ . I called and they said yea a lot of people are getting this, wait for another update in a few days, you can still drive on it. OK, so I drive and notice no autopilot ability, so I say what the heck I'll drive it to the nearby sc. Took it there, they said they'll run the update again. Fails, twice more. They tell me I have to schedule to come back so an engineer can look into it and maybe have to flash/reinstall the OS on the entire car or something. Anyways, I'm just hoping we get a newer update that runs and fixes this for me before next week, when I have to bring it in.

Had same symptoms, so I took it in with an appointment yesterday. Several upgrade attempts there with no resolution. They are working with CA. Hopefully they figure out a resolution today.

Sounds similar for me. Service mentioned that the car was complaining of a version mismatch somewhere. So maybe some particular component revision on my vehicle is conflicting with what this update is expecting? Just spitballing. I should know more later today or tomorrow. And so I don't muddy up the thread--my car was not disabled. It just failed to update, shows a persistent 'update required, contact Tesla service' message, and Autopilot is non-functional.

Had a similar experience, drove fine for 24hr but yesterday afternoon about 8 different alerts came up. I was driving on low power and had no regen braking, power stearing, etc. I exited and re enerered the vehicle and now the alerts left are disabled emergency braking and software need update. I decided to leave the car parked untill the updates get resolved.