Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update daily prompt has stopped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still on v5.6 waiting for the Jan update to re-enable air suspension functionality.

For the last month I have had to cancel out of the update prompt for v5.8 every day. The alarm clock icon was displayed in the top bar of the screen.

About 2 days ago I noticed that the daily prompt did not show up and the alarm clock icon is not shown. The only thing I can think of is that it has been about a month since I have started canceling out of the daily prompt. I have verified that I am still on v5.6 so it didn't update.

Is it expected to no longer see the prompt after a month? Either way, I am happy with the result. V5.6 has been working fine for me, so I am fine with waiting for the next update.

I stayed on 4.1 for many months after the next version was available (because it removed sleep mode), ignoring the daily update prompt. After a month or two the update icon went away. So I'd say this is to be expected.

But also don't be surprised if you have to go a Service Center when you are ready to upgrade again.