Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update date is not aligned with current date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still having the issue, car shows last successful check was from June 5th. Doesn't matter how many times I have tried to recheck. I am on 2022.12.3.2, hoping the next update fixes this.
I had the issue. And then notice it came back a few days later. And then back to normal. I think maybe Tesla changed something on their end which prevents the car to ping their server so much.

Reactions: taztrooper
Is it changing at all? I always interpret that as the last time the car phoned home. While I don’t regularly scrutinize it, I kind of assumed it only checks periodically. From an infrastructure standpoint, having cars check too frequently unnecessarily increases the load on the servers, especially as the Tesla fleet increases in size.
When clicking on the software button of that screen, the text should briefly go away while the car checks for an update and then re-populate that field. Then it shows the current date and time. Make sure you have a decent cellular connection while doing it (or wifi). Nope, frequent checking for updates from the fleet has an insignificant load on servers. It's practically nothing compared to everything else going on.

I’m seeing same thing.. 2021 M3P…date shows June 7 as last time it was “up to date” and its now June 14.. been checking daily, on wifi, off wifi, reboot.. no change. My only concern is that if it’s not talking to the server correctly, will it even see a new update when one posts. I suppose I won’t worry about it till the internet starts freaking out about a new UI like version 11 and I don’t know what’s going on.

I’m seeing same thing.. 2021 M3P…date shows June 7 as last time it was “up to date” and its now June 14.. been checking daily, on wifi, off wifi, reboot.. no change. My only concern is that if it’s not talking to the server correctly, will it even see a new update when one posts. I suppose I won’t worry about it till the internet starts freaking out about a new UI like version 11 and I don’t know what’s going on.
You ain’t the only one. Mine said last checked is June 9th at 11:59AM lol

I've been having this issue for a long while too. The funny thing is, I got a notification that 2022.16.1.1 was available yesterday, I downloaded and installed it. This morning the car still reports I'm up to date from June 9 :D That message is clearly broken.
That's really useful. So it IS checking, just literally not updating the date of the check in the UI.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
That's what it looks like. I've closed/opened the settings multiple times over the last week and it always stayed at june 9. Then yesterday when leaving the office I had the yellow arrow at the top of the screen, it downloaded when I got home on wifi as usual.
Ok good to know you still got the update. I’m still on 2022.12.13.2 and wasn’t sure if it was actually checking for new updates. Until I see one I will still probably be annoyed by it tho. Not much else to do other then submit bug report I guess.

If you hold your finger on the car icon (bottom left) for a couple seconds, I'm told it submits a screenshot to Tesla as a bug report. (A message will pop up thanking you for your report.).

Problem is, there is no way to indicate why you sent this screenshot, and I don't know how Tesla would understand what you are trying to show them if it wasn't a blatantly obvious issue on the screen.