Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update deleted safety score data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 98 safety score over a month and a 1000 + miles. Figured i would be eligible for FSD 10.4 on 11/5/21 when it becomes available to 98s. Two days ago i got an update to 2021.36.5.1. After the update all my safety score data was deleted. Now i have driven over 100 miles and have a safety score of 100 and my car downloaded 2021.36.5.5 which i dont think has FSD. I am afraid to install it because i am afraid my safety score will delete again. I am afraid to not install it because i am afraid not doing so will make it so I can’t get 10.4 when it drops. Any thoughts?

I had a 98 safety score over a month and a 1000 + miles. Figured i would be eligible for FSD 10.4 on 11/5/21 when it becomes available to 98s. Two days ago i got an update to 2021.36.5.1. After the update all my safety score data was deleted. Now i have driven over 100 miles and have a safety score of 100 and my car downloaded 2021.36.5.5 which i dont think has FSD. I am afraid to install it because i am afraid my safety score will delete again. I am afraid to not install it because i am afraid not doing so will make it so I can’t get 10.4 when it drops. Any thoughts?
Never Mind. i installed it and it worked. Still not sure why my safety data was lost.

I had a 98 too but had a bad day that brought me down to 97. I was 4 miles away from moving back into a 98. I was updated to 2021.36.5.8 yesterday, then didn't didn't drive anywhere today. I was just looking in the Tesla app and see that my Safety Scores are all gone, with a message that I'll see my score after I take my first trip. What a bummer. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover our scores?

I had a 98 too but had a bad day that brought me down to 97. I was 4 miles away from moving back into a 98. I was updated to 2021.36.5.8 yesterday, then didn't didn't drive anywhere today. I was just looking in the Tesla app and see that my Safety Scores are all gone, with a message that I'll see my score after I take my first trip. What a bummer. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover our scores?
That might be due to the worldwide Tesla server outage yesterday. Check again.

That might be due to the worldwide Tesla server outage yesterday. Check again.
Did not hear about that. No, unfortunately still lost. Indicates scores for 11/18 (night of update) to 11/20, with 0 for 11/18 and 11/19 and 100 for today's miles. I saw somewhere if the MCU reboots, it wipes the scores. Oh well, at least I'm at 100 again. Now if I can just get those updated cameras...

Did not hear about that. No, unfortunately still lost. Indicates scores for 11/18 (night of update) to 11/20, with 0 for 11/18 and 11/19 and 100 for today's miles. I saw somewhere if the MCU reboots, it wipes the scores. Oh well, at least I'm at 100 again. Now if I can just get those updated cameras...
EVRider - I just found an article about the app outage you mention. I did have a few app problems on my iPhone that had the new update earlier this week. I just switched to the older version app on my Android but this too was missing the safety scores yesterday. As of early this morning, neither phone had scores before I drove and of course the day's score showed up for my "first" trip, so I guess I'm starting over.