Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an alert for a software update yesterday then had to leave so did't do it. The little icon still showed on the screen. Then after my errand I got back in the car and it was gone. I don;t think it happened while I was away cause I never got any new noted or anything.

Is it possible it was sent to my car then pulled back?

I got an alert for a software update yesterday then had to leave so did't do it. The little icon still showed on the screen. Then after my errand I got back in the car and it was gone. I don;t think it happened while I was away cause I never got any new noted or anything.

Is it possible it was sent to my car then pulled back?

It could be. I once got an update notification and when I selected “install now” after going home, it said, the update has been cancelled, please wait for another update to be sent to your car.

So envious of you all, even the ones being teased & lost with updates. We have two fully loaded (every option & wheel upgrade available including pre-paid FSD) almost 1/4 of a million $$$$ worth of Tesla’s, ‘17 S & X

We don’t get updates unlless it’s a service visit or a major update the day before the next releases start drizzling out. It’s kind of rediculous to me.

Posters say “It depends on your configuration” so I guess fully loaded Tesla’s with every option don’t count or participate .....go figure. -/.

When our car was in for uncorking recently, we got an alert that there was an update. Think it was the one with the windshield wipers that people said ended up spraying them when the opened their door. Anyway they tried to apply the update apparently at the SvC and it failed twice. Never saw that update notice again and still on 2017.50.2. Assume it got pulled after the issues about it came in.

One other time a number of months ago, there was an update we got an alert for. Got really busy and was going to install it manually during the day when we were around. When we finally remembered it had disappeared and assume it too just didn't happen. Does make you wonder if you missed out on some feature or if it gets installed at a later time.

So envious of you all, even the ones being teased & lost with updates. We have two fully loaded (every option & wheel upgrade available including pre-paid FSD) almost 1/4 of a million $$$$ worth of Tesla’s, ‘17 S & X

We don’t get updates unlless it’s a service visit or a major update the day before the next releases start drizzling out. It’s kind of rediculous to me.

Posters say “It depends on your configuration” so I guess fully loaded Tesla’s with every option don’t count or participate .....go figure. -/.

Sorry, this was me too until very recently. I never got a non-general-release update, even the times that I begged the mothership / SC for it right before a road trip.

2018.2 was the first time I got on the fast release train, and I expect to be booted off of it as soon as this set of releases goes wide. It's luck of the draw.

So weird you haven't received any. Could it be your settings and/or wifi connection? Have you established the wifi connection to your car from your house? If not review Connecting to Wifi in your owners manual and Software Updates. Also have you determined how strong of a wifi connection your car has when parked at your house overnight?

Last edited:
This is one reason that Tesla does not roll out updated to everyone at the same time. They send it out to a few, and watch what happens. If all is good they roll out some more....and so on.

I see some complaints here that people are upset that others are getting updates before them. Owners tend to post if they are the first ones to get them, and everyone else gets anxious to get there.

There are many reasons to update this way, and I think Tesla is doing the best thing the way they do it.

So weird you haven't received any. Could it be your settings and/or wifi connection? Have you established the wifi connection to your car from your house? If not review Connecting to Wifi in your owners manual and Software Updates. Also have you determined how strong of a wifi connection your car has when parked at your house overnight?

Nope at all. No thanks to my SC or Tesla HQ I have both cars on their own network due to the cars now t playing nicely with Xbox/ Wino / Dish DVR etc etc etc. Both are connected at 85% or better full 54mbps Rx & Tx and both received the auto wiper updates back to back a day or so before the next NEW update started trickling out. WiFi connectivity is rock solid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope at all. No thanks to my SC or Tesla HQ I have both cars on their own network due to the cars now t playing nicely with Xbox/ Wino / Dish DVR etc etc etc. Both are connected at 85% or better full 54mbps Rx & Tx and both received the auto wiper updates back to back a day or so before the next NEW update started trickling out. WiFi connectivity is rock solid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds pretty typical. Definitely don't buy any lottery tickets or play any slot machines, your luck sounds like mine.

I've never heard that it's dependent upon configuration. I've been a long-time Tesla customer (since 2011) and sometimes I get updates right away, sometimes I don't get the update until the next one starts rolling out. I wouldn't take it personally. :)

(And for what it's worth - fully loaded Roadster (now sold), fully loaded Founders X P100D, new Roadster Founders reservation.)