Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Download Hung

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I noticed that my 3 was downloading an update but I had to drive somewhere so the update got paused when I started driving. I got home a short while later and expected that the download would continue shortly after reconnecting to my WiFi, but that was not the case. I left the car alone for about an hour and then went back to it and saw that the download status bar indicated the update was only about 1/2 downloaded. Rebooted my car yet the download appears to be hung. I'm assuming the download will resume at some point. Anyone else experience this?

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I noticed that my 3 was downloading an update but I had to drive somewhere so the update got paused when I started driving. I got home a short while later and expected that the download would continue shortly after reconnecting to my WiFi, but that was not the case. I left the car alone for about an hour and then went back to it and saw that the download status bar indicated the update was only about 1/2 downloaded. Rebooted my car yet the download appears to be hung. I'm assuming the download will resume at some point. Anyone else experience this?

Remembered seeing your post, and I have same issue. 1/2 way stuck.

I had a hung software update about 10 days ago, I wasn't aware of it until I looked at the software screen and it said a software update was downloading - for several days. Don't know how long it had been like that. Tesla chat got it fixed for me.