Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Software Update Downloading" Remains on Tesla Phone App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded and installed 2022.45.12 and it installed in my Model 3 however the app on my phone continues to show the revolving circle and says "Downloading 2922.45.12 (100%)"

I have rebooted the M3, rebooted the phone, removed and reinstalled the app on my phone but the "Downloading 2922.45.12 (100%)" remains on the phone app. It is kind of annoying.

Any thoughts or ideas?
tesla app.jpg

Attachments

• tesla app.jpg
    tesla app.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 98
Mine phone app continues to show the software update downloading at 100% after 7 days....
If you have an Android phone, go to settings/Apps and then select Tesla app. Click 'Force Stop' and then Select 'Storage and Cache'. Click 'Clear Cache' (don't clear storage). Start app again. Hopefully this resolves app issue. I am not sure how to do this on an iPhone.

Reactions: XPsionic
I had a similar issue - car updated but app said it was downloading same version again. After about a week of it not changing I called Tesla. They pushed some buttons on their end and I had to run the update on the car one more time. Then it was all good.

So this had actually happened to me with the previous update... what worked for me was to do the two-button steering wheel reset in the car and that seem to clear it out and allow new updates to come down (if available). Now I'm not sure why that worked as I have let the car go to deep sleep before which would be effectively the same thing, but who knows.

Not sure if I had the app open while I did that, but try various scenarios (app open, closed, in drive, etc). and see what works for you.