Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update failure - Need 2nd car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the same problem in May !

This is the Chat conversation today, July 29, 2020

Vin: 119XXX

Email: shermanus

Cars name: Claire

Hi, Installed Software update: 2020.24.6.11

Did not conclude. Said: Should wait for another update. Now Display saying: Unable to start vehicle / Software update required

GTW_f084. Parked in Garage & WiFi connected. Does not drive.

Can I please have another update

Thanks, Franz

Blue
08:09 AM
Looks like the software install failed and thus service will need to be contacted. You'll need to schedule service through your app so they can come out and push the update through for you.

Franz
08:10 AM
already done. Appointment August 7 !

Franz
same happened back in May. Tesla pushed through an update . No problems

Blue
08:11 AM
Alright, perfect. Since there's no longer an update available for me to push through, Service will have to be the one to do it.

Franz
08:12 AM
why is there no update available.? Just get it pushed through ! I can’t wait till August 7 . That’s ridiculous

Blue
08:13 AM
I am truly sorry, but without an update available for me to refresh, there's nothing more that I would be able to do. You're welcome to have roadside service get involved and have them tow the vehicle since it's not drivable.

Franz
08:14 AM
it’s parked in the garage

Franz
08:16 AM
the display said that I will get another update from Tesla

Franz
08:16 AM
now you are telling me that I have to rent a car until August 7

Blue
08:19 AM
As for the rental, the service center will offer a credit for every day they keep the vehicle. The credit can be used for Uber, Lyft or a rental vehicle.

Franz
08:20 AM
May 28 the update failed. 12 Hours later I got a new update. All was good.

What changed

Blue
08:22 AM
I cannot speak on that situation. I'm truly sorry, Franz.

Franz
who else can I call?

Franz
the car is in a tight garage

Blue
08:23 AM
You're welcome to contact Roadside Assistance. They could tow the vehicle in for you today.

Franz
08:24 AM
all that because I cannot get a software update

Franz
08:24 AM
i am not happy. Is there a supervisor?

Blue
08:25 AM
I can have a supervisor contact you in 24-48 hours!

Franz
08:28 AM
Blue: Pls explain why no update can be pushed through.

Blue
08:30 AM
There is no update available for me to push through.

Blue
08:30 AM

Because the update failed to install in the vehicle, the update is no longer available for me to push through. Therefore, service will have to go in and manually push the update through by connecting their computer to the car.

Blue
08:31 AM
This is not something that Vehicle Support can do. While I can have a supervisor contact you, ultimately, Service is going to be the only people that can resolve this issue for you.

Franz
08:33 AM
Strange that the last time this happened it was not necessary. What number do I call for service scheduling? Cannot wait till August 7

Gives me a number

Franz
08:36 AM
They dispatch the service cars - right?

Blue
08:37 AM
Are you referring to mobile service? No, mobile service can only be scheduled through the app.

Franz
08:37 AM
great. Thanks Have a good day

Read

***Just convinced my range anxiety wife that she should also get a Tesla too. Now this.

Franz
already done. Appointment August 7 !
Did you put in the comments that the car was not driveable and you have no other vehicle?

In my experience they are pretty quick to get back to you via text when you add comments that need extra attention.

Perhaps they can bump up the service date since it requires no parts and your car is undriveable.

****UPDATE****
Don't bother with this chat option. The guy is obviously "not informed". Call (877) 798-3752 and machete your way through the options. I got a guy (Austin) that was very knowledgeable. He escalated it to the Advanced Support Team that can send a new update.
Took about an hour and all is good.
Last time it was Brad.
They are cool people up in Salt Lake !

Suggestion: Don't do an update in the evening, as if it goes wrong there is no-one available to push through a new update.