Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update for AP 1.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ormond

Endless Peacock
Jul 10, 2016
Central Florida
I had my Model X in for service today and was updated to version 8.0 (2.48.82). I'm not sure of the enhancements.

Attachments

• 20161220_160931-01.jpeg
    20161220_160931-01.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 87
Auto exit is on 8.1, which has not been released yet.

As for summon... I have not seen any new feature announced. It might be the final feature set for our AP1 cars at its current stage.
I would be content with that. It would be nice to have a type of route "record" where AP 1.0 could learn various routes you take and take autonomy up a notch closer to the 2.0 folks.

Ummm. I didn't think AP1.0 was getting Auto-Exit. Am I wrong?
Tesla to release a ‘big’ mobile app update with version 8.1 next month, says Elon Musk

Not much is known about the upcoming update other than what Tesla announced in the release notes of v8.0 about the new off-ramp feature:

“When at a highway exit, it will favor marked lane lines in the direction of vehicle indicator (8.0)* or in the direction suggested by the navigation system if active (8.1). This feature will be available initially in the US and later in all countries where lane markings are open for highway exits.”
But hey it's Tesla. They could simply ignore it in 8.1 and no one will cry about it.

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18
When parking in my garage today: AP1 on my MX, today showed a bicycle that was parked in the garage ahead of our car and slightly to the right show up on the main dash as a cyclist. Not sure if there was an update in involved, as that bike was parked in the location for the past two months, and only today did it show up on the screen as a cyclist. I'll take a pic next time...

• Informative
Reactions: Aljohn