Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update for AP2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New tweet from Elon Musk saying they need more road time before releasing update

Twitter

Actually, I did not read this as you did. Elon is always thinking over the horizon. I think he is commenting on how far along the path to full autonomy they are, not necessarily referring to v. 8.1. I could be wrong, of course.

They are committed to an incremental approach. If anything, I think they may just hold back more of EAP from 8.1, and get what they are confident in shipped out. Their rate of progress with the machine learning will skyrocket as soon as they do their first wide release, so they are strongly incentivized to get something out, with more to come left in shadow mode to train.

I've been monitoring my network traffic and my car has downloaded over 4GB today. Still no software update notification. Maybe not quite finished yet?! Maybe verifying firmware update contents still? Seems like a good sign!!

I've been monitoring my network traffic and my car has downloaded over 4GB today. Still no software update notification. Maybe not quite finished yet?! Maybe verifying firmware update contents still? Seems like a good sign!!

Oooh, sounds promising! I was hoping for a notification this morning after my Service Centre visit on Tuesday, but nothing for me, so far...

The car updates over LTE just fine. I have never had mine connected to WiFi and always get the updates (on 2.50 now). I have an AP 1.0 car so I am not sure if there is any AP 2.0 specific stuff in there. The changes are described in other threads already. (Key fob linking, key fob button functions, Summon from Fob and more easter eggs).

Don't worry about your connection too much. As they say, you'll get it when you get it