Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update for AP2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The update downloaded to my vehicle before the notification came in to install it -- looks like it probably finished about 30-45 minutes before the notification came in to my mobile app. Makes sense -- it probably had to extract/verify the download.

The software update was just over 1GB large.

*EDIT*: The download came in at about 7-8 Mb/s. Took about 20 minutes for the car to download it. Car said the software install will take approx 1hr 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Got an update to 2.50.180 om my AP2 car 2 hours ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 122
Well I'll be... Last time I complianed on this forum about my car being really delayed in production, it started production 17 minutes later.

Well, I just got my software update. So there are AP2 cars getting it.
It worked the last time I followed your lead on complaining!!!!

I haven't received my update yet!!! All I want for Christmas is to be able to have a Model Xmas light show for my kids!!!

Should be soon!!!!!!!! Ha Ha!!!

It worked the last time I followed your lead on complaining!!!!

I haven't received my update yet!!! All I want for Christmas is to be able to have a Model Xmas light show for my kids!!!

Should be soon!!!!!!!! Ha Ha!!!

I just got the software notice on my AP2 car and started the install! Hoping it goes well so I can give my kids the show on Christmas morning!

I just got the software notice on my AP2 car and started the install! Hoping it goes well so I can give my kids the show on Christmas morning!
Turns out I think it worked again!!!! I was going to go down in the garage and check the car but got busy being Santa!!! Went down in the morning to go scratch a lottery ticket at my mom's grave and saw the update was ready! Had to leave right when I got back to go to the in laws, so when we got there I started the download. It didn't take nearly the 1 hour 40 minutes it estimated and it was done over LTE with only one bar. Had the entire family out in the driveway watching the show!!!! The neighbors just happen to go out to their car and just stood there staring in disbelief!!! Ha Ha!!! Fun Stuff!!! Went over to our friends parents house who was a GMC dealer for many years up to about 6 years ago. He couldn't get over the show and the car!!!

Anyone on this thread with AP2, 2.50.180, UHFS, and PUP try the modelxmas code? Mine is having an issue I am trying to nail down. The music starts 2-10 seconds before the lights do. So far I think it may just be an issue with UHFS and AP2 hardware, but not sure. Someone already confirmed AP2 without UHFS works fine, so thinking that may be the difference. Surely it cannot be something just with my car...

Mars code works just fine though - as do the other firmware features.