Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update hangup 2023.12.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I initiated the latest software update to my 2022 M3 LR this afternoon, and it seems to be hung up. I left if for over an hour, and there was no indication on the screen, so I moved my car from my driveway into my garage. I then noticed that the screen was at full brightness, and it didn't respond to any touch commands. I can drive it but can't access any controls on the screen. I pulled up my app and under Software Update the message says "Downloading 2023.12.5 (100%)" with the rotating circle indicating it hasn't finished. Any suggestions for addressing this, such as disconnecting batteries?
UPDATE: When I checked a few minutes ago (about a half hour after posting), my app no longer showed software activity so I assumed it was done. And when I first got in the car there was no sign of continuing downloading, but the screen was still full brightness (I typically set it quite low) and there was still no touch response anywhere on the screen. Then, after it initially showed the 2023.12.5 was currently installed, it then changed to show the downloading rotating icon as well as 100%.

Last edited: