Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update is available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gosh, just received above message. So presently performing an update.

The novelty will wear off :rolleyes:

Do the updates sometimes include minor changes to autopilot without any mention in the release notes?

Frequently no info at all other than something like "bug fixes"

After all these years i have absolutely no wish to be at the front of the queue. Tesla's Software QA is lousy, and I haven't seen it get better in that time.

Happy to revise my view when V10 is on widespread release and proves to not need updates every week for months to fix all the bugs introduced initially.

Reactions: Rooster6655
However, I will add to that, it is pretty remarkable what Tesla have achieved on the Software side.

I have a three year old car, and apart from a couple of things that need newer hardware (like sentry mode) my car has all the Bells and Whistles that a brand new one has.

In all the years I owned lying-cheating VWs I never once got a SatNav upgrade, not even for Hard Currency, let alone any firmware upgrades

After all these years i have absolutely no wish to be at the front of the queue. Tesla's Software QA is lousy, and I haven't seen it get better in that time

Famous last words but I'm seeing far fewer posts on the FB Group relating to bugs, and Spotify and MCU crashes seem much reduced.

I'm a bit meh about V10, it seems largely aimed at entertainment features, and the only nav improvements are "find a place to eat" or "mystery tour." I'd much rather waypoints or other useful functions were introduced.

Still, better than the updates on ordinary cars I suppose :)

Famous last words but I'm seeing far fewer posts on the FB Group relating to bugs, and Spotify and MCU crashes seem much reduced.

Yes, fair point, but might that be because we are at "core code stable",i.e. as is normally achieved a week or two before "Major version release" :rolleyes:

Sceptical-Me of course ...

How are other brands doing? The only one I have following more than just now-and-then is iPace, and that seems to be even worse in software update terms.

e-Tron, EQC et al doing any better? Presumably they have all the same Infotainment and OTA stuff on the rest of their fleet (or the high-end at least)

Last edited:
Yes, fair point, but might that be because we are at "core code stable",i.e. as is normally achieved a week or two before "Major version release" :rolleyes:

Sceptical-Me of course ...

How are other brands doing? The only one I have following more than just now-and-then is iPace, and that seems to be even worse in software update terms.

e-Tron, ECQ et al doing any better? Presumably they have all the same Infotainment and OTA stuff on the rest of their fleet (or the high-end at least)

From the little I've read they aren't doing too well, with problems not limited to software. I can't get excited about anything else out there at the mo, and I'm certainly not heading in the Taycan's direction at the price they want :eek:.

Unfortunately neither am I overly impressed by Tesla corporate and batterygate/chargegate/yellowscreengate :( but there's no denying the cars are in a league of their own.

not heading in the Taycan's direction at the price they want

Porsche Taycan configurator has a $500 option for… an mp3 file of motor noise :eek:

Looks like Model-S (albeit not Stock) will trounce Taycan at Nürburgring (unofficial timings are saying it has knocked 20s off Taycan's recent record ...)

I wonder what it costs them to put together a winning Nürburgring attempt .. given that Tesla doesn't buy any conventional advertising, its Stunts must get it at least as many column inches.

I find it staggering that "the rest", coming from behind, couldn't hire the best brains on the planet, and use the newer, latest, tech to trounce Tesla's 7 year old Model-S ... Tesla definitely did a good job originally, and aren't exactly resting on their laurels. But it would help if they fixed the Back Office and Parts Supply etc. Heck even getting my referral prize, so I could pass it on to the person who used my referral code, 15 MONTHS AGO, would be nice.

Reactions: Yev000 and DJP31