Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update issues; updates install but remain “stuck”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Community!

Fairly new Model X owner and have had issues with the last four software updates and was curious if anyone has encountered anything similar. I have a 12/ 2018 X 75D and whenever I go to install a software update, the update will download and install but it will get stuck on my app and on my software screen in the car. When I call Tesla, they confirm it’s installed and can’t clear it on their end without escalation. After the third time, I put in a service request and they remotely said they fixed the problem. Now have the exact same issue tonight with 2020.40.15. You can see it’s downloaded 100% and yet it never clears. I’ve tried all the usual tricks of resets, hard resets, powering off the X, uninstalling the app. etc. Any one encounter anything similar, any advice?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 99A1CB32-81F6-455C-B629-9EA82E8F3B18.jpeg
    99A1CB32-81F6-455C-B629-9EA82E8F3B18.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 4B6BE07B-4546-4352-A2C9-97E42A90A86A.jpeg
    4B6BE07B-4546-4352-A2C9-97E42A90A86A.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 84
Hi @Gregg Mx,

Welcome!!!

When you say you have tried "all" of the various resets,
does that include changing your wheel size,
allowing the car to reboot, and then changing the wheel size
back to the correct size and allowing it to reboot again???

If you have not tried that reset - You might want to give it a try...
It's supposed to be "better" in that it resets the gateway...

Good Luck,

Shawn

Hi Shawn!

Thank you, I hadn’t heard of that reset. I will try that today and keep you posted. It’s just such a weird situation and was curious if anyone else had run into anything similar. As far as resets, I tried the reset holding down the two scroll wheels, same reset but with foot on the brake and also did the “harder” reset of powering off from the safety setting. I also tried deleting my app and reinstalling a couple times.

Thanks again!