Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update lagging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 17 MS that came with hardware 2.5. Watching teslafi I seem to follow the AP 2 cars. I recently had the hardware 3 FSD computer installed and thought maybe I would be getting the more advanced updates going forward but my software hasn’t really advanced at all. I’m still sitting where the bulk of the AP2 cars on Teslafi are.

Any comments that can help explain this?

I have a 17 MS that came with hardware 2.5. Watching teslafi I seem to follow the AP 2 cars. I recently had the hardware 3 FSD computer installed and thought maybe I would be getting the more advanced updates going forward but my software hasn’t really advanced at all. I’m still sitting where the bulk of the AP2 cars on Teslafi are.

How long have you had your car? I have a 2017 X, original owner, and now recently upgraded to HW3. Sometimes I get early updates, sometimes I’m dead last despite tab to advanced and having HW3. Such is the life, after a while you get slightly less type A. If the pattern continues for a few months, contact service to make sure everything is fine without flags. You could call in to verify the mothership has you branded as HW3, you can also check in your settings.

Translation: "Is there any way I can get my updates faster? I thought I would be moved up in the queue due to having new hardware".

No, there isnt.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Translation: "Is there any way I can get my updates faster? I thought I would be moved up in the queue due to having new hardware".

No, there isnt.[

No, there isnt.
well one would expect that the new hardware is getting more updates than the older... as fate has it my car just jumped to 2020.32.1.

Did you upgrade to MCU2 when you had your FSD computer upgrade?

I also have a 2017 model and noticed that I usually get software updates slower than MCU2 cars.

I finally upgraded to MCU2 recently and already getting my updates more frequently.