Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update = lockout of AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a long drive today (2.5hrs) back from NJ, our ‘22 MYLR (delivered 8/30/22) kicked me out of AP repeatedly, even after “resetting” the drive by pulling over and parking. We missed no alerts or chimes and held a very firm grip on the 3rd round on the wheel - no alert, just the red TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY and then alerts that wouldn’t go away (AEB disabled, CC disabled). We just got home and I made a service appt, but I now see there is a software update to download. Is this a coincidence, or is there a chance that somehow having an update available would screw w the AP?

On a long drive today (2.5hrs) back from NJ, our ‘22 MYLR (delivered 8/30/22) kicked me out of AP repeatedly, even after “resetting” the drive by pulling over and parking. We missed no alerts or chimes and held a very firm grip on the 3rd round on the wheel - no alert, just the red TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY and then alerts that wouldn’t go away (AEB disabled, CC disabled). We just got home and I made a service appt, but I now see there is a software update to download. Is this a coincidence, or is there a chance that somehow having an update available would screw w the AP?
same thing happened to us after the last update. I couldn't reset the warning (AEB disabled, CC disabled). When I got home and parked for 3-5 mins, those warnings disappeared and have not returned since.

Had this happen, needed to shut down the car (with door open so opening doesn’t wake it), go shop around for a bit and when I got back in everything worked. Tried reboot a few times prior to that, didn’t work.

I didn't lose AP but I lost Parking Assist after update. Got scared given all the news about USS removal and I park in a building complex garage with tight spots and pillars. After parking the car and returning in few hours, it was back to normal.

This is the last time I'm leaving my car on Advance. I'm not updating unless there is some major improvements from now on.

I submitted a service request. See messages from SC.

Attachments

• 975C82A2-8E83-4357-BBC0-4A933C0485FA.png
    975C82A2-8E83-4357-BBC0-4A933C0485FA.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 394
  • 96F82194-63C0-462E-88EE-97BD862F86E7.png
    96F82194-63C0-462E-88EE-97BD862F86E7.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 76
After update to 2022.20.19, I started having intermittent disabling AP and inop side cameras. Sounds like similar problems. Are you on the same vi
After update to 2022.20.19, I started having intermittent disabling AP and inop side cameras. Sounds like similar problems. Are you on the same version?
I was on .36 when that happened. Currently on .40 and haven’t had the issue - but I haven’t taken a long drive since then so I don’t get to use AP a ton (local curvy roads for the most part, not great for AP in my experience). Curious if you’ve continued having issues?

I was on .36 when that happened. Currently on .40 and haven’t had the issue - but I haven’t taken a long drive since then so I don’t get to use AP a ton (local curvy roads for the most part, not great for AP in my experience). Curious if you’ve continued having issues?
I’ve been on 2022.36.20 (FSD) for about a week, and the cameras have been solid , although I did have a couple instances of AP disengaging, but no message about cameras. It seemed to me that on a curvy mountain highway (US 50 to Tahoe) AP did better staying in the center of the lane on curves with .36 than .20, but I haven’t tried it on my “stress test” route to my kids school. I only do that with AP when there are no passengers.