Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update looks to have been downloaded, but no option to install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this question has been answered before, did not see anything after a few searches.

Anyway, our Model S running on 2019.20.4.3 has been downloading an update over the course of a few days last week (we have no WiFi in our car park and poor mobile reception, so we have to use a mobile WiFi base station to download software updates while it’s parked outside at a work car park during the day), and the progress bar has now been unchanged at what looks to be full. But there is no option to install the update, which could mean either the download has hung close to completion or there is some issue with the update.

Is there a way to restart the download process?

I had a similar situation last week. My modem showed the car was receiving lots of data. Went on for nearly 3 hours. I rang the help line and they confirmed the car was trying to update but there was a wifi problem. They first had me do a reset with the scroll wheels but that didn't help so next had me shut down the whole car, wait three minutes and then bring the car back online. That fixed it and I had the update a few hours later.

I had a similar situation last week. My modem showed the car was receiving lots of data. Went on for nearly 3 hours. I rang the help line and they confirmed the car was trying to update but there was a wifi problem. They first had me do a reset with the scroll wheels but that didn't help so next had me shut down the whole car, wait three minutes and then bring the car back online. That fixed it and I had the update a few hours later.
I had the same thing happen to me and after I shut it down the update installed.