Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update. Next day Power reduced with Dl_w126 error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JerryJaz,
You are close(r) to Gruber in AZ, maybe they can help you with your battery?
Kaveman
I was able to get a rough estimate for transporting the vehicle.

Depending on if you want open or enclosed carrier, open is around $300-400 one way and enclosed is around $350-500 one way.

Is the car currently running or not running, if it is not running is it in tow mode or are you able to put it into tow mode? These are details I will need if we want to post the car up on central dispatch for transportation.

The cost for transportation both ways will be added to your final invoice. We just pass the cost directly on to the customer without an up charge. This is a service we provide to help make this process easier for our customers. This transportation process also takes some time to find a driver in the area. Since the transport process can take a little bit, it is ideal to get the car posted sooner than later.

If you decided to go with open carry the approximate total will be $6,190.

This number includes:

• $ 3,600 for the battery drop, which includes opening and closing the pack, testing of the modules and reinstallation.
  • $ 895 x 2 for the module repairs, typically we see two bad modules.
  • $ 400 inbound transportation
  • $ 400 return transportation
If you decided to go with enclosed carry the approximate total will be $6,390.

This number includes:

• $ 3,600 for the battery drop, which includes opening and closing the pack, testing of the modules and reinstallation.
  • $ 500 inbound transportation
  • $ 500 return transportation
So, if you notice in both of these estimates, I used the higher numbers for transportation and times 2 for module repairs, for a worst-case scenario. These estimates have the potential of fluctuating depending on transportation and how many modules need repair.

Below is a link to our website as well.

grubermotors.com/services/model-s-main-battery-pack-repair-pricing/

• Informative
Reactions: DCAC
I was able to get a rough estimate for transporting the vehicle.

Depending on if you want open or enclosed carrier, open is around $300-400 one way and enclosed is around $350-500 one way.

Is the car currently running or not running, if it is not running is it in tow mode or are you able to put it into tow mode? These are details I will need if we want to post the car up on central dispatch for transportation.

The cost for transportation both ways will be added to your final invoice. We just pass the cost directly on to the customer without an up charge. This is a service we provide to help make this process easier for our customers. This transportation process also takes some time to find a driver in the area. Since the transport process can take a little bit, it is ideal to get the car posted sooner than later.

If you decided to go with open carry the approximate total will be $6,190.

This number includes:

• $ 400 inbound transportation
  • $ 400 return transportation
If you decided to go with enclosed carry the approximate total will be $6,390.

This number includes:

• $ 500 inbound transportation
  • $ 500 return transportation
So, if you notice in both of these estimates, I used the higher numbers for transportation and times 2 for module repairs, for a worst-case scenario. These estimates have the potential of fluctuating depending on transportation and how many modules need repair.

Below is a link to our website as well.

grubermotors.com/services/model-s-main-battery-pack-repair-pricing/

If it were me, I'd get a ride down and then drive it back.

Reactions: JerryJaz
So, the part they did not share in their email estimate is they are clogged. I called to ask them to schedule my S for their service and she (Amber) said she could not accept my car as they have 20 S’s waiting for this service. They have one tech who is qualified to perform the cell testing service. Bottom line: 4 month wait. Wow. While I appreciate them not using unqualified personnel… this feels like something is broken (Aside from my car).

I’m very open to other shops if there are any suggestions.

My 12v battery was replaced May 2020, so no warranty for me. I asked for mobile service for my present challenges, but they referred me to El Paso service center. That is 300 miles away. Just scheduled to have the battery to be replaced by a Ranger. July 28th, I will keep you informed. They charged $256 last year for the service. If there is another issue, he may be able to sus it out while here.

By the way, there was no “replace your 12v battery soon” warning, just power reduced and get thee to the service bay.
Did replacing the 12V help? I just started getting the message "electrical system power reduced vehicle may shut down" yesterday and the car dies for a second then starts. I had my 12v replaced last year. I drive a 2014 Tesla S.

I just started getting them too - p85 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-21 214225.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-21 214225.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 240
Yeah, the 12v has no other source of power (no generator) save for the battery pack. When the big batt’s BMS (battery management system) calls foul on one of the bricks, or cell(s) within a brick, the warnings start. Big batt then segregates itself from running the car (including keeping the 12v charged).

I believe the low battery warning is because the 12v has been orphaned from it’s charge supply. So swapping out the 12v isn’t the cure. And while the big batt is threatening to disconnect, that is when the “power reduced” and garden basket of other warnings arrive. The little 12v doesn’t last very long after you are forced to the side of the road. An hour of emergency blinkers and I could not put it in tow mode.

I’m on the 4 month wait list at Gruber in Phoenix. Sigh…

You know what? Strangely, the car is behaving like normal today. I drove it twice, no issues, the warnings cleared - no more complaining and refusing to drive. I think there's something strange about the deep sleep. I have left it in the garage for 4 or 5 days without touching it or waking it and when it woke up from deep sleep it was cranky. I did just recently get the latest software update which makes me think there's a lot of bugs in it.

I hope that's all it is because I lost sleep worrying about the main battery. 9-year-old car with original hardware, babied, I don't want to foot the bill on a gamble for the 85kw battery.

Yeah, the 12v has no other source of power (no generator) save for the battery pack. When the big batt’s BMS (battery management system) calls foul on one of the bricks, or cell(s) within a brick, the warnings start. Big batt then segregates itself from running the car (including keeping the 12v charged).

I believe the low battery warning is because the 12v has been orphaned from it’s charge supply. So swapping out the 12v isn’t the cure. And while the big batt is threatening to disconnect, that is when the “power reduced” and garden basket of other warnings arrive. The little 12v doesn’t last very long after you are forced to the side of the road. An hour of emergency blinkers and I could not put it in tow mode.

I’m on the 4 month wait list at Gruber in Phoenix. Sigh…
i'm having similar issues, got the car rooted to get more info about the errors...
these errors:

BMS_f071 ---> SM TransCon not met
BMS_w107 ---> SW Cell Voltage sensor

Tesla says I need a new pack $30,000 Canadian !!!

while I can see all BMS cell voltages from all cells I don't get it why there is a cell voltage sensor error!

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3328.jpg
    IMG_3328.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 132
I just started getting them too - p85 2013
Yours seem very similar to mine. A new DC-DC converter fixed it.

Yours seem very similar to mine. A new DC-DC converter fixed it.
Even though I stopped getting errors preventing me from driving, the car is still very slow to wake up. I have not had much trouble getting around though. I just received 2021.24.4 yesterday and I haven't noticed any difference from before. Still wakes up slow. Not cranky anymore.

I experienced the exact same slowness before I got MCU2.

My 12v battery was replaced May 2020, so no warranty for me. I asked for mobile service for my present challenges, but they referred me to El Paso service center. That is 300 miles away. Just scheduled to have the battery to be replaced by a Ranger. July 28th, I will keep you informed. They charged $256 last year for the service. If there is another issue, he may be able to sus it out while here.

By the way, there was no “replace your 12v battery soon” warning, just power reduced and get thee to the service bay.
What ended up happening? My 2014S started with the "electrical system power reduced" and now it died and says "power reduced - service is required". It starts up normally and randomly has these messages but today for the first time, it actually limped home and could not make it up the driveway. And then a minute later it could. It is so sporadic but getting worse and my appointment ins't for a couple of weeks.

As soon as the update was done last night, charging rate was reduced to 1KW and hot a error message. Stopped charging and restarted and worked fine.

haven’t driven the car yet today, I’m about to. I wonder if I’ll have the same issue as you.

Hopefully this release is not full of bugs! Please let us know what you figure out.

Any luck? I have. 2013 S and after the recent updates started having problems. 12v died Even though I charged the 12 V the screen lights up but it will not going to drive mode. I’m also OOW due to 123k miles. Did hour’s fix??

Mobile service replaced my 12v today, but the car is still wouldn't shift into D or R and is still throwing these errors:

DI_u014 Unable to drive Voltage supply too low
GTW_W157 - Power reduced Vehicle systems shutting down
GTW_W018 - Electrical system power reduced Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly

The technician then reinstalled my old 12v and it's getting an out-of-warranty $425 tow to the service center for an unspecified electrical system fault. I'm most suspicious of the fuse in the DC-DC converter. I don't think the fix(es) will be cheap. 😐

Before towing it to the SC, I spoke to 057 Tech to see if they do any diagnostics/service and they were very helpful (and would've replaced parts, if I had a definitive diagnosis).
Any resolution?? I have the same issue

Tesla just opened a new service center on west of Santa Fe. I called and asked specifically if they were able to fix my battery instead of a swap. They said Brian, who I knew from Ranger service, had just returned from training at Tesla in just that. (Cue the adventure music)

I made an appointment for tomorrow (11/10) and am paying $410 for a 66 mile trailering. After diagnostics they will give me a cost to repair. I must admit I am pretty excited.

While it has sat in my driveway since 7/18 the smart suspension has exhausted all it’s air. Nothing I can do about that as the ride height is unresponsive on the big screen.

Giving it a wash tomorrow morn before they arrive. Best foot forward and all that.

Reactions: rickyjb