TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update notification on phone, only to dissapear.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nicenoise, Oct 14, 2018.

1. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

I recently got a notification that my model 3 was ready for a software update (v9!!), yet when I finally got a chance to check my car the next day, there was no update in site. Is there a expiration/time limit on updates??

2. mfrey

mfrey Member

Some thing happened to me

3. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

I had the same issue this weekend. Phone notification but no sign of it on the car.

4. bluescale

bluescale Member

I thought I had the same thing, but in the car, toward the top right there was a small exclamation mark. I believe it was yellow. I clicked on that, and it told me the software update was available. Unfortunately it was a couple nights ago, so I don't remember exactly where it was, or what it looked likt.

5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

There is no time limit, BUT an update can be recalled. If Tesla thinks it is no longer good/safe/whatever it can tell the cars it should be discarded.

6. Avid

Avid Member

Happened to me this morning, got the message went to look and nothing. It's like a April Fools joke and it's on me. :(