Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update postponed 3 days, no longer available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Thursday or Friday, my M3 reported it was ready to install an updated. I had a lot of important events this weekend, so I postponed it. I was going to run it this afternoon, but now the clock icon to reset the install time is gone.

I made sure I was plugged in, trunks were closed, etc. Any thoughts?

Thank your lucky stars. This means they pushed a broken update, and have retracted it. You're lucky you didn't install it.

I never install updates until I've heard from someone else who's installed it without trouble, but I'm cautious that way.

Reactions: sdrevik
I just went out of town last weekend so my wife didn't want to install the update while I was gone. She ignored it or told it to delay for quite a while and then said it didn't ask the last few times. I got in the car this morning and it offered it up again and I updated to 36.2.

Maybe try getting in with your key card or the other card you don't normally use and see if it wakes it up?

The same thing happened to me. Received the update Thursday morning. Postponed it for 1am. Next morning, no change log. No update clock icon in the top right. Software update came early this morning 3am ish. Installed with no issue. On 36.2 now.

Thank your lucky stars. This means they pushed a broken update, and have retracted it. You're lucky you didn't install it.

I never install updates until I've heard from someone else who's installed it without trouble, but I'm cautious that way.
But you can't see the version that you're installing until after you've installed. So how do you know that you're getting the same version that other people are reporting about? I am on 32.2 - it was available as soon as I got home from the delivery center. Wish they'd installed it there, since it had been out for weeks. But I didn't get to know what version it was until I installed. All the Tesla App tells me is "There is a new version available." And it's now doing that again. I don't know if this is 36.2, or if I'm on a ring that will get me 34.2 instead.