Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Preference Poll

What is your Software Update Preference?

• Standard

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Advanced

Votes: 51 86.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advanced here as well!

It’s great fun, a computer on wheels running beta software at 70 MPH. It’s powerful, it looks great, and you can run it into the back of a stopped fire engine at 60 MPH and hop away with just a broken ankle. It’s got a live Internet connection, it’ll play any obscure song. More software updates, constantly adding new features, video games, a web browser, and I can drive from coast to coast and not spend a penny on fuel or electricity. You never change the oil, there’s very little maintenance. It steers itself and slows down if traffic slows, and when I come across that miles long line of nearly stopped traffic, it creeps along automatically so I don’t need to inch along myself. When it’s hot outside I can turn on the A/C with my cell phone a few minutes away so I never have to get into a hot car. Its all wheel drive is great in any weather, I don’t think I can get it stuck.

They added free supercharging after I ordered it, then they uncorked it.

Sure every now and again there’s Bozo braking but that’s getting better and better.

This is the most fun I’ve had with any car, I’ve been driving for 50 years so I’ve had dozens of them, and driven dozens and dozens more. This is the best of the bunch, it isn’t even close, this is the best by a huge margin.

New software, sign me up!

I grin every time I drive it.

I grin even when I think about driving it.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if some folks forget that all who choose to enable autopilot are beta testers. Having been a beta tester for computer software I'm fully aware that beta = bugs. So I drive accordingly, prepared for bad but hoping for good.