Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Problem???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am hoping this issue will go away but I just had to ask if anyone else had experienced what is going on with my car?

2016 Model S P100D, AP 2.0

I received a update notice on my phone so I decided to go to the garage and jumpstart the update because I have all updates to start at midnight and it is only coming up on 10:30pm. Well, I hit the start download now and the clock went from 2 minutes down to 1 second in the blink of an eye. Then I had a yellow box with a yield sign (yellow box was about 2"x2" square) saying update started. I got out and shut the door but the car stayed on except for the center touch screen, it went off and on. Then I saw a yellow rectangle box at the bottom of the display behind the steering wheel. It said service need auto steering (not exactly sure if that was it, but close) then the car turned of for about 2-3 seconds, then came back on. It did the same thing several times minus the steering service note. So, I got back in the car and checked to see what the update number was by pushing the T for release notes. It said the same thing it did yesterday, the last update. Then the update notes that were on the touchscreen locked up and I couldn't close it down. So, I got out of the car and closed her up and came in. The lights are still on (interior & headlights) and the door handles are still out.

I did notice the little clock on the top part of the touchscreen is on and yellow and the Bluetooth symbol is glowing blue.

Anyone else ever get something odd like this?

Thanks and I hope everyone gets some great new features soon!!!

Well, it looks like everything is back to normal. The other updates I received were nothing like this one. The car just updated with none of the other odd things that went along with it this time.

Well, 17.7.2 is now onboard and lots of good stuff to learn about, yea parallel parking is now functional. Well, I hope it is since I saw it in big bold text.

Anyone else get an update today/tonight?

Good Luck.

i am hoping this issue will go away but I just had to ask if anyone else had experienced what is going on with my car?

2016 Model S P100D, AP 2.0

I received a update notice on my phone so I decided to go to the garage and jumpstart the update because I have all updates to start at midnight and it is only coming up on 10:30pm. Well, I hit the start download now and the clock went from 2 minutes down to 1 second in the blink of an eye. Then I had a yellow box with a yield sign (yellow box was about 2"x2" square) saying update started. I got out and shut the door but the car stayed on except for the center touch screen, it went off and on. Then I saw a yellow rectangle box at the bottom of the display behind the steering wheel. It said service need auto steering (not exactly sure if that was it, but close) then the car turned of for about 2-3 seconds, then came back on. It did the same thing several times minus the steering service note. So, I got back in the car and checked to see what the update number was by pushing the T for release notes. It said the same thing it did yesterday, the last update. Then the update notes that were on the touchscreen locked up and I couldn't close it down. So, I got out of the car and closed her up and came in. The lights are still on (interior & headlights) and the door handles are still out.

I did notice the little clock on the top part of the touchscreen is on and yellow and the Bluetooth symbol is glowing blue.

Anyone else ever get something odd like this?

Thanks and I hope everyone gets some great new features soon!!!

Sounds normal. You can skip the 2:00 countdown to 1 second by tapping it 5 times.

Your updates are set to install at midnight but you wanted it to install immediately because it was only 10:30 PM? How impatient are you?

If you want trouble free updates, let the car update while you're sleeping and everything will be fine when you go out to the car in the morning. It's best to not be near the car while it's updating, so you're not tempted to "check on it" and screw something up.

Sounds normal. You can skip the 2:00 countdown to 1 second by tapping it 5 times.
Thanks, I do wish they would highlight new material in a different color or text style from previously released material. I thought I was getting a lot more updates then I actually was because they also included a bunch of information that had been released already, for reference purposes.

Thanks Again.

Your updates are set to install at midnight but you wanted it to install immediately because it was only 10:30 PM? How impatient are you?

If you want trouble free updates, let the car update while you're sleeping and everything will be fine when you go out to the car in the morning. It's best to not be near the car while it's updating, so you're not tempted to "check on it" and screw something up.

Yea, call me impatient. I'll bet you waited and weren't in any hurry to see what updates you were receiving when you were a new Tesla owner. I think you are the odd one out here. Especially for all of us AP 2.0 that have paid up front for something we are waiting months to receive a small piece of the pie at a download time.

Later,