Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier today, I received the software update notification. I was not a place where I could get this done and set it to download at 2am. Is there a way to force that download to happen sooner? I am now at a place where it can be done, and would like to see the update provides.

Thanks.

When you get the update notification, the car has already downloaded the update. It's just asking when you want to install it. Your answer should be a time when you're not using the car-- that's why it defaults to the middle of the night.

Hint-- don't be in a hurry to install an update and do it when you're away from home or away from somewhere that it wouldn't be a disaster if you got stranded. Updates have been known to cause cars to stop working rarely. There's nothing that can't wait till overnight.

By the way it's the security update of 7.1 described here in many threads. There's nothing to see. It's not 8.0.

Reactions: bmah and The A List
[QUOTE="By the way it's the security update of 7.1 described here in many threads. There's nothing to see. It's not 8.0.[/QUOTE]

However, according to a tweet from the good Mr. Musk earlier today, 8 is supposed to start going out tonight.

Fingers crossed. :)

Starting to appear on TeslaFi too :)

Version8.gif