TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Software update question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by The A List, Sep 21, 2016.

1. The A List

The A List Member

Earlier today, I received the software update notification. I was not a place where I could get this done and set it to download at 2am. Is there a way to force that download to happen sooner? I am now at a place where it can be done, and would like to see the update provides.

Thanks.

2. Loriglass

Loriglass New Member

There is something that looks like a clock at the top of the 17" screen. If you press that, you can set the time.

• Like x 1
  3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

When you get the update notification, the car has already downloaded the update. It's just asking when you want to install it. Your answer should be a time when you're not using the car-- that's why it defaults to the middle of the night.

Hint-- don't be in a hurry to install an update and do it when you're away from home or away from somewhere that it wouldn't be a disaster if you got stranded. Updates have been known to cause cars to stop working rarely. There's nothing that can't wait till overnight.

By the way it's the security update of 7.1 described here in many threads. There's nothing to see. It's not 8.0.

• Like x 2
  4. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

[QUOTE="By the way it's the security update of 7.1 described here in many threads. There's nothing to see. It's not 8.0.[/QUOTE]

However, according to a tweet from the good Mr. Musk earlier today, 8 is supposed to start going out tonight.

Fingers crossed. :)

5. MrBravo

MrBravo Member

According to http://ev-fw.com/, nobody has received 8.0 yet. It is very likely that you are just getting 7.1 (2.36.31) security update.

6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

7. MrBravo

MrBravo Member

Yes, now there are at least 3 people who reported having the update on ev-fw.com.

8. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Starting to appear on TeslaFi too :)

Version8.gif