Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - Stuck on last check date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the forums but didn't find anything specific to my question. My car settings are set to "advanced" and it states that the last check for updates was on June 2. No matter what I do, it will not check for updates and stamp it checked with current date. It's stuck on June 2. I've done the full reboot and the soft reboot. This has never happened before in the 3 years of ownership. I'm not terribly upset or concerned but more curious if this is normal/been seen before? My streaming etc is working fine so i don't think its something screwy like modem etc.

Current version: 2022.12.3.2

Very often the first check will take too long so the car will show the previous check's result instead of waiting forever. You simply close and open the settings window again and it works the second time. In the last few days that server seems to have had problems and would never answer. I've been stuck since May 30. It worked for the first time since then today at lunchtime. Don't lose hope!

• Informative
Reactions: calidreamz808
Very often the first check will take too long so the car will show the previous check's result instead of waiting forever. You simply close and open the settings window again and it works the second time. In the last few days that server seems to have had problems and would never answer. I've been stuck since May 30. It worked for the first time since then today at lunchtime. Don't lose hope!
Yeah, i've done the same where you navigate from the tab.. then back to the software screen to force it to re check... but nothing. I'll just chill LOL

thank you

I searched the forums but didn't find anything specific to my question. My car settings are set to "advanced" and it states that the last check for updates was on June 2. No matter what I do, it will not check for updates and stamp it checked with current date. It's stuck on June 2. I've done the full reboot and the soft reboot. This has never happened before in the 3 years of ownership. I'm not terribly upset or concerned but more curious if this is normal/been seen before? My streaming etc is working fine so i don't think its something screwy like modem etc.

Current version: 2022.12.3.2

I'm seeing the exact same thing on both of our M3LR's. In the past, I could do the manual software update check and it would say up to date as of the date and time I did the check. It was like that up until around April this year. When we went from 2022.8.3 to 2022.12.3.1 this started. Went to 2022.12.3.2 and no change. It says up to date as of June 2nd, just like yours. I though it was odd and did the power down, etc. on both cars and decided it was a Tesla thing.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I checked the Software screen twice today in my wife's Model 3, and both times it checked for updates and showed the current time. Version 2022.12.3.16, Software setting is Advanced.

I don't know if this is relevant, but a few days ago I enrolled in the FSD Beta queue. Maybe that changes the frequency of update checks, but that's just speculation. I didn't notice how the Software screen worked before I enrolled.

I checked the Software screen twice today in my wife's Model 3, and both times it checked for updates and showed the current time.

I checked mine three times this morning over a 2 hour period (just to test) and it's no longer stuck on June 2nd. It now reflects the actual date and time I check it to the minute, each time. I'm not on FSD not have I done anything else to change this. It was stuck yesterday so this is new as of today.