Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - Stuck on last check date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experiencing the same. Every since I got 2022.12.3.2 all of my updates have been one of two dates, one in May and June 10. I have been tracking my update history and I have been getting updates at roughly the 3 week mark. I am now overdue by an additional two weeks. I wonder if their software servers are setup differently now and can drop/reject update requests. With more Teslas in existence they might be experiencing server capacity limitations. One solution on their end might be to simply drop update lookups as low priority traffic. Or maybe its just another bug. For the past year I have made it a routine to manually check for updates every week or so and I know that the check dates always reflected the current date/time until now.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Hmm makes me feel better I guess. I think our cars are still getting pinged for updates but it’s just not showing the dates correctly. Hoping I get 2022.16 soon!
That does give a little hope that the update checking might still actually work on the background and the 30 May date on my car with 2022.12.3.2 software is just a visual bug as i have rebooted the car at least 10 times since and checked for updates close to 10 times each day hoping it would change the date as of which it was up to date. This 2022.12.3.2 update has been one of the worst updates my car has had over 3 years with major issues with multiple functions, thats the main reason for the high number of reboots lately. I would say I have done more reboots since getting this update than the rest of the 3 years of ownership combined. Really hope the next update gets pushed out soon to get off this really bad update.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I've been having the same issue with my Model 3. Up to date as of June 12.
Reboots aren't resolving it. I'm on 2022.12.3.12 and I'm dying to get off of it. The 12.3.XX updates have been the worst. Broken dashcam, broken USB functionality, wifi "not available" issues, and now this.

That does give a little hope that the update checking might still actually work on the background and the 30 May date on my car with 2022.12.3.2 software is just a visual bug as i have rebooted the car at least 10 times since and checked for updates close to 10 times each day hoping it would change the date as of which it was up to date. This 2022.12.3.2 update has been one of the worst updates my car has had over 3 years with major issues with multiple functions, thats the main reason for the high number of reboots lately. I would say I have done more reboots since getting this update than the rest of the 3 years of ownership combined. Really hope the next update gets pushed out soon to get off this really bad update.
It hasn’t been super bad for me, but come to think of it, this is the only software version where my touchscreen has become unresponsive and needed to restart since owning the car for over a year.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I've been having the same issue with my Model 3. Up to date as of June 12.
Reboots aren't resolving it. I'm on 2022.12.3.12 and I'm dying to get off of it. The 12.3.XX updates have been the worst. Broken dashcam, broken USB functionality, wifi "not available" issues, and now this.
Those same issues here as well. Dash cam issues etc. Please send us peasants 2022.16.1! My cousin got it who lives 10 min away but he has a amd chip otherwise our cars are the same.

Just lost wi fi again. A reboot fixes it which means its not my wifi
I’m on 2022.12.3.2 as well. Mine always says checking for update and then comes back with Your car software is up to date as of May 12th which is when I got the last update. It won’t change to the current date and time. My Mosel 3 SR+ will sometimes lose its Wi-Fi until I force a reboot. I really want 2022.16.x before our trip.

I’m on 2022.12.3.2 as well. Mine always says checking for update and then comes back with Your car software is up to date as of May 12th which is when I got the last update. It won’t change to the current date and time. My Mosel 3 SR+ will sometimes lose its Wi-Fi until I force a reboot. I really want 2022.16.x before our trip.
Yep. I have experienced a host of odd errors..loss of wifi, USB dashcam on and off, and oddly my mirrors stopped folding.

I tried opening a service request with Tesla a couple of days ago for them to possibly force or push an update to my car. It ran a software diagnostics remotely, and then displayed a "Service not required, software up to date" message (or something like that) and suggested I cancel the service request, so I did.

I opened a new ticket today and this time when it ran the diagnostics, it came back with a "Diagnostics Incomplete" and allowed me to continue with opening a service request. If this doesn't resolve itself by next Tuesday, then hopefully the mobile service technician can resolve it.

EDIT: seemed like the wifi network i was connected to at the time was having issues so it couldn't complete the diagnostics. After disconnecting from it, it actually ran the diagnostics successfully and said I was up to date. I scheduled the service appointment anyway.

Last edited:
I tried opening a service request with Tesla a couple of days ago for them to possibly force or push an update to my car. It ran a software diagnostics remotely, and then displayed a "Service not required, software up to date" message (or something like that) and suggested I cancel the service request, so I did.

I opened a new ticket today and this time when it ran the diagnostics, it came back with a "Diagnostics Incomplete" and allowed me to continue with opening a service request. If this doesn't resolve itself by next Tuesday, then hopefully the mobile service technician can resolve it.
are you in queue for FSDb?

Edit: Asking because I am in line for FSDb and there's some speculation that you can't go from version 16 on to the FSDb track. I have no idea if it's true or not, of course.

Last edited: