Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - Stuck on last check date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As stated earlier the stuck date appears to be only a visual bug and update checking still works behind scenes even when that date is not updated.
My car got 2022.16.1.1 yesterday and even after getting and installing the update and rebooting after the update, that date is still weeks old and has not renewed.

I've been having the same issue with my Model 3. Up to date as of June 12.
Reboots aren't resolving it. I'm on 2022.12.3.12 and I'm dying to get off of it. The 12.3.XX updates have been the worst. Broken dashcam, broken USB functionality, wifi "not available" issues, and now this.

I'm also on x.12.3.12, my recent updates look like this:

1655673671310.png

I'm also stuck on an older date, June 13, 2022 at 8:32a:

IMG_1527.jpeg

I've done all the tricks, reboot, forget and reconnect to WiFi, and a guy I know who had been on the same update schedule as me has been on x.16.2 for a few days.

😑

I'm also on x.12.3.12, my recent updates look like this:

View attachment 818586

I'm also stuck on an older date, June 13, 2022 at 8:32a:

View attachment 818587

I've done all the tricks, reboot, forget and reconnect to WiFi, and a guy I know who had been on the same update schedule as me has been on x.16.2 for a few days.

😑
Glad i'm not alone!
I have the exact same version history as you.

Seems like 2022.16.X didn't resolve the dashcam/usb issue so i'm in less of a rush to get the update. Not sure if the wifi issues got fixed but i doubt it. I can't believe they're letting the dashcam/usb issue drag on for this long.

thank you all, I was concerned. My 2022 MYLR is stuck on 2022.12.3.12 with a last checked at June 14 at 7:17 AM. I rebooted my screen and turned the car off for more than 2 minutes without change. I am also waiting for FSD beta

Glad i'm not alone!
I have the exact same version history as you.

Seems like 2022.16.X didn't resolve the dashcam/usb issue so i'm in less of a rush to get the update. Not sure if the wifi issues got fixed but i doubt it. I can't believe they're letting the dashcam/usb issue drag on for this long.

I just did a "vehicle reset" vs. a "display reset", not sure if there's really any difference but I tried the button only/display reset a few times without fixing this - or if this was just coincidence (i.e., the update just happen to occur when I did this), but the behavior was a touch different.

So a vehicle reset: hold the brake, then hold both wheel buttons down, and keep holding all three until you see the screen come on (I waited till I saw the logo).

Then I went to Software and the "Searching for update ..." stayed up much longer, and it started downloading 16.1.2

1655772392412.png

I'll report back about my Last Update date/time, and hopefully this also fixes the USB drive issue (after a full shutdown, mine required an unplug/re-plug).

My car has been having an awful time connecting to any WiFi. The car no longer finds my work WiFi (which has been working fine the last 1.5 years), and it won't find my hotspot when manually going to WiFi menu. I haven't done a scroll wheel reset in a long time, but the last time I did all my settings/trip counters were gone afterwards.

Just lost wi fi again. A reboot fixes it which means its not my wifi
I've noticed that since a couple of updates ago, it's 50/50 whether or not wifi will connect to my phone hotspot. And when I try to manually connect to the hotspot, it'll pop up an error and fail every time. Very frustrating. A car with this much tech that can't even reliably connect to wifi?! Really?

I just did a "vehicle reset" vs. a "display reset", not sure if there's really any difference but I tried the button only/display reset a few times without fixing this - or if this was just coincidence

Underlined = I guess it must've been based on these posts :)

I also ended up getting 2022.16.1.2 today, without needing to do any resets. Just did the regular check (on LTE). Installing it now!

Same here, both my vehicles which had been stuck with very old "up to date as of..." dates were updated to 2022.16.1.2 today

Another data point of this being a visual bug: I was promoted to update today despite my screen saying it hasn’t checked for updates since May 20. Nothing to worry about I guess!

As expected based on other reports, I did not get the brake feature.

I am re-stuck at the date/time of the 16.1.2 update, so that's showing June 20 / 8:xx, and as another interesting date related behavior: My initial, free premium connectivity was due to end on June 20, but it's still active from what I can tell. Maybe the same service that determines last update, is the same service that validates the subscription. :D

I've noticed that since a couple of updates ago, it's 50/50 whether or not wifi will connect to my phone hotspot. And when I try to manually connect to the hotspot, it'll pop up an error and fail every time. Very frustrating. A car with this much tech that can't even reliably connect to wifi?! Really?
I have had the car for 2.5 years. It has always connected just fine until recently. It's something with the build. I have a new release that just showed up and maybe that'll fix it.