Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a couple of thoughts on software features Tesla could add, as well as a problem that hopefully you could fix. I'm hoping they read this post.

Software problem:

I use a USB on my Model 3, which contains Music and Boombox sound effects. Some of my music on the USB was ripped directly from CD's that I own. For some reason the audio system gives me a error message when I try to play them, but has no problem with MP3's. Any chance Tesla could fix that? I also own a hybrid van with a USB input for the audio system, and all of the songs play without issue on it.

Suggested software upgrades:

- If you use a USB for the Boombox, the next time you use the Boombox, it defaults to Fart for sound effects. Tesla should add a favourite option, so that it defaults to one of the other sound effects instead?

- Tesla should add some more sounds to the Boombox. I would recommend the Tardis dematerialization/materialization sounds, The Darth Vader theme, and the soundbite of Dr. McCoy saying "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!" (That one was a great horn alternative until the Boombox feature was downgraded)

- Tesla should add a schedule feature to the audio system. I listen to multiple radio stations, and sometimes I want to catch particular programs at specific times. It would be nice to be able to program the system to change to channel __ at 7:30 am, and then to channel __ at 8 am, etc.

- Tesla should add an 'Uber' feature, so that if you are using your car with Uber or Lyft, it will turn on the internal camera and record what occurs during a ride, in addition the dashcam or sentry mode.

2 suggestions: 1, For my 2023 model 3, the brake lights shown on the monitor screen are very dim, hardly visible. Should be enhanced. 2, The short turning signal lasts only 3 beeps. How about increase to 5 beeps?
How about using the new, included feature of auto turn signal cancelling when your lane change is complete? Would that be good enough? Or even better? I love it myself.

Why are you interested in whether your brake lights are on? They will be on when appropriate.

Reactions: Mithgul
Add B pillar on saved footage of sentry mode.

Mine is a 2023 without USS which I tend to park backward because of the good camera. But I miss license plate of cars who park close to me, the ones that could potentially hit me.

I use a USB on my Model 3, which contains Music and Boombox sound effects. Some of my music on the USB was ripped directly from CD's that I own. For some reason the audio system gives me a error message when I try to play them, but has no problem with MP3's. Any chance Tesla could fix that? I also own a hybrid van with a USB input for the audio system, and all of the songs play without issue on it.

Many people are playing music from USB that was sourced from ripped CDs. I'd this doesn't work for you then you should look into why.

Reactions: airpor41
2 suggestions: 1, For my 2023 model 3, the brake lights shown on the monitor screen are very dim, hardly visible. Should be enhanced. 2, The short turning signal lasts only 3 beeps. How about increase to 5 beeps?

I agree about the dim brake light display on the monitor. When traffic is closing in behind me, I like to know at what point the brake lights activate as the regen kicks in. The brake lights in the display are very hard to see, especially during daylight.

I thought about the 3 blinks of the signals too and was hoping for at least 5 blinks like you suggest. One hardly gets to look at the blind spot camera before it turns off. Perhaps a delay of 2 or 3 seconds for camera shut off would be good too.

On the other hand, I've been using the new auto turn signal canceling feature since the update so the 3 blink issue is no longer that important to me but I think it should be extended for those who prefer it.

How about using the new, included feature of auto turn signal cancelling when your lane change is complete? Would that be good enough? Or even better? I love it myself.

Why are you interested in whether your brake lights are on? They will be on when appropriate.
To provide useful signal to the car behind me, especially under potentially unsafe conditions.

R U

I would like to know when the brake light is on in order to send helpful signals to the car behind me, especially under potentially unsafe conditions. Right now, I don't know what is "when appropriate."