Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
teslalog.com has a Global Version History - number of (registered) people on each version and, Ipso Facto, what version numbers exist in the wild. (Latest = 2.36.31)

teslafi.com has same thing, showing (on one page) your version history and the "fleet totals" - latest = 2.36.31 - 232 users

Anyone got v8.0? it is rumored that if you connect to your SC's wifi you will "jump the line"... can anyone confirm this?

Nothing to do with the SC wifi, but the car detects (by GPS) when it is physically near to a service centrer and notifies the mothership of this fact, so there is some anecdotal evidence that this might well increase the probability of a software update being triggered.

Nothing to do with the SC wifi, but the car detects (by GPS) when it is physically near to a service centrer and notifies the mothership of this fact, so there is some anecdotal evidence that this might well increase the probability of a software update being triggered.
It also triggers when near many (all?) of the Tesla Stores. The full list of GPS fences is here: Tesla Service Center Geofences

Anyone got v8.0? it is rumored that if you connect to your SC's wifi you will "jump the line"... can anyone confirm this?
No, you will only get an update there if your car us already queued up for the update. Major updates are rolled out slowly so if something goes wrong with a particular configuration it only affects hundreds of cars, not thousands or tens of thousands. Some non-critical updates have taken a few weeks to be pushed out to everyone. If your car isn't in the first batch scheduled to get it, parking at the service center tomorrow will be a waste of time. Elon mentioned the sequential rollout in a tweet today, making sure there isn't a "regression".

Mine is at the service center right now for a few minor issues. I asked if they were going to put 8.0 on it, and they said they know as much as we do about whether that's going to happen today! Assuming it does, I'm assuming they'll install it for me before I get it back.