TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Troy916, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Troy916

Troy916 Member

My model 3 just updated to 2018.32.2 (was on 2018.26.3 previously).

"This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes."

2. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I got the update notification around 4.30 AM as well task morning and kicked it off at 6.30 AM. I can’t wait for v9 to come any sooner at this point.

• Funny x 1
  3. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Wasn't there supposed to be an update that let you request updates? I sure can't find anything like that on mine.. 2018.28.2

4. I.a.n

I.a.n Member

Here it is: Elon Musk on Twitter

No timeline given but not released yet - possibly part of V9 (wishful thinking)?

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I got this update this morning as well. Updated from 2018.26.3. One thing I think has changed is the fog light icon is now all the way to the left side of the screen instead of near the headlight icon. Did this actually change or am I remembering things incorrectly?

CF95783D-918D-4560-A3AF-833A8F014160.jpeg

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

You are correct, it used to be right next to the headlight symbol.

7. bahree

bahree Member

I got the same updated and was on 26.3 earlier. Haven’t driven it yet to see what changed, if anything. Good eye for the fog icon, I surely can’t remember it one way or the other.

8. TT97

TT97 Active Member

This is huge! There is no way I can keep driving my car with the icon light on the right side. I need this update ASAP. :)

Nice catch, I would have never noticed.

• Funny x 16
    • Like x 1
  9. soundanswer

soundanswer Member

See! They are slowly moving the navigation from the right side to the left side of the screen... slowly… one icon at a time…

• Funny x 20
  10. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I just got it and I'm on a road trip. Must just be bug fixes. The release notes are the same as 28.x and I haven't noticed any changes.

11. Drivesolo

Drivesolo Member

I got the update for 2018.32.2 after picking up my car from the SC earlier today. I installed it and haven't noticed any obvious differences in the UI. The notes say 'bug fixes'.

• Love x 1
  12. bahree

bahree Member

So the one thing I saw when driving to work, which honestly I can't recall - when on AutoPilot, when the text came to slightly move the wheel, I also got a ding - this is not when you get the warning later (when the "sky" turns blue), but is the floating text. I think the first time that came on, there was also a ding. I don't recall that earlier and not sure if that is new or me just hearing it.

• Like x 2
  13. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I need it to stop vampire drain. Lost 15 miles sitting 3 days.

• Like x 2
  14. hoang51

hoang51 Member

I too want vampire battery drain to stop on my Model 3 Performance. I lose more battery power due to the drain than using my car (drove 122.3 miles, using 36 kWh, avg. 294 Wh/mi). I'm currently on 2018.28.2. Last night, after supercharging my Model 3 from 30 miles (last charge got me to 279 miles, 90% limit) to 244 miles (80%), I did a hard reboot (brake pedal + two scroll buttons). It is the second hard reboot I've done to see if this fixes the vampire battery drain. So far today, it shows that I've lost 5 miles over 13 hours period. Looks like that barely improved anything. Still sitting on a 3-4% drain per day.

• Informative x 1
  15. chibi_kurochan

Another "hard reboot" method you can try is:
    1. Power off vehicle using the "Power Off" button
    2. Wait for 5 -10 minutes without touching or pressing anything. if you have the lights or hazard lights turned on. you'll notice they will stop momentarily (means car completely powered off)
    3. Just step on the brake pedal to Start-up the car again.

Or simply disconnect the main Power line :p

• Informative x 1
  16. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

Speaking of fog lights, is there a way to turn just to fog lights on, without the headlights?

17. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

So far with this version it seems that the delay with the backup camera is completely gone. I’ll keep an eye on it for the next few days but it looks promising so far.

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  18. eli_

eli_ Member

Coming from 26.3, this version tracks the car's position on the navigation map at a much smoother rate. Like it's interpolating the car's position/angle at 60hz instead of 20 or 30hz or whatever it was before. Silky smooth all the time now!

• Informative x 5
  19. laxdad

laxdad Member

Don't check battery status so often. That may be the cause.

A couple of weeks ago when the SC updated my car software to 28.1 and updated the Battery Management Software, I was checking battery status every few hours with the Tesla phone app. I lost 9 miles of range that day. I decided to check battery status only once a day. Subtracting out range used driving, my daily vampire drain for the next week dropped to 1, 2, 2, 2, 0, 2, and 1 mile. The app wakes up the car, which consumes power.

• Helpful x 1
  20. ranova

ranova Member

this was fixed for me in 28.1, I had 26.x before and noticed it was jerky