Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this update this morning as well. Updated from 2018.26.3. One thing I think has changed is the fog light icon is now all the way to the left side of the screen instead of near the headlight icon. Did this actually change or am I remembering things incorrectly?

CF95783D-918D-4560-A3AF-833A8F014160.jpeg

I got this update this morning as well. Updated from 2018.26.3. One thing I think has changed is the fog light icon is now all the way to the left side of the screen instead of near the headlight icon. Did this actually change or am I remembering things incorrectly?

View attachment 327543

This is huge! There is no way I can keep driving my car with the icon light on the right side. I need this update ASAP. :)

Nice catch, I would have never noticed.

So the one thing I saw when driving to work, which honestly I can't recall - when on AutoPilot, when the text came to slightly move the wheel, I also got a ding - this is not when you get the warning later (when the "sky" turns blue), but is the floating text. I think the first time that came on, there was also a ding. I don't recall that earlier and not sure if that is new or me just hearing it.

I need it to stop vampire drain. Lost 15 miles sitting 3 days.

I too want vampire battery drain to stop on my Model 3 Performance. I lose more battery power due to the drain than using my car (drove 122.3 miles, using 36 kWh, avg. 294 Wh/mi). I'm currently on 2018.28.2. Last night, after supercharging my Model 3 from 30 miles (last charge got me to 279 miles, 90% limit) to 244 miles (80%), I did a hard reboot (brake pedal + two scroll buttons). It is the second hard reboot I've done to see if this fixes the vampire battery drain. So far today, it shows that I've lost 5 miles over 13 hours period. Looks like that barely improved anything. Still sitting on a 3-4% drain per day.

• Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
I too want vampire battery drain to stop on my Model 3 Performance. I lose more battery power due to the drain than using my car (drove 122.3 miles, using 36 kWh, avg. 294 Wh/mi). I'm currently on 2018.28.2. Last night, after supercharging my Model 3 from 30 miles (last charge got me to 279 miles, 90% limit) to 244 miles (80%), I did a hard reboot (brake pedal + two scroll buttons). It is the second hard reboot I've done to see if this fixes the vampire battery drain. So far today, it shows that I've lost 5 miles over 13 hours period. Looks like that barely improved anything. Still sitting on a 3-4% drain per day.
Another "hard reboot" method you can try is:
1. Power off vehicle using the "Power Off" button
2. Wait for 5 -10 minutes without touching or pressing anything. if you have the lights or hazard lights turned on. you'll notice they will stop momentarily (means car completely powered off)
3. Just step on the brake pedal to Start-up the car again.

Or simply disconnect the main Power line :p

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51

View attachment 327543

Speaking of fog lights, is there a way to turn just to fog lights on, without the headlights?

I need it to stop vampire drain. Lost 15 miles sitting 3 days.

Don't check battery status so often. That may be the cause.

A couple of weeks ago when the SC updated my car software to 28.1 and updated the Battery Management Software, I was checking battery status every few hours with the Tesla phone app. I lost 9 miles of range that day. I decided to check battery status only once a day. Subtracting out range used driving, my daily vampire drain for the next week dropped to 1, 2, 2, 2, 0, 2, and 1 mile. The app wakes up the car, which consumes power.

• Helpful
Reactions: RenMan68