Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does every software update screw up the media favorites? It happens every single time and it's getting really old. Specifically, favorites disappearing and having to be re-added and order of favorites changing. I programmed the presets once in my old car and never had to touch them again over 10 years, but every few weeks in the 3 I have to re-do it. Reset doesn't help. Of all the complex systems in the car, this seems like one that should be easy to get right. Does this happen with the S and X also?

I really hope the V9 branch has a totally overhauled media player that is stable and fixes everything but I wouldn't bet on it.

anyone with the "garage bump" summon problem notice any changes? I'm still waiting for mine to update, but summon stopped making it into my garage with 2018.28.5 377ec8b. Prior version worked forward but not in reverse. I put a 1x3 board at the lip to resolve, but I sure would like to pull that board up...

anyone with the "garage bump" summon problem notice any changes? I'm still waiting for mine to update, but summon stopped making it into my garage with 2018.28.5 377ec8b. Prior version worked forward but not in reverse. I put a 1x3 board at the lip to resolve, but I sure would like to pull that board up...

So, follow-up to my own post, I was able to pull the board and summon pulls into my garage now, with a 1.5" bump. Only tried forward, since that's how I orient it for charging anyway. Curious if anyone else who had the issue is seeing an improvement...

PSA
Immediately after my 32 update, the first time I used reverse, I got a black screen and though "WTH I thought this was fixed in 32....". Well it stayed black indefinitely and never came on. A bit later I did a reboot and it appears to be back with no delay like others are reporting
I got another indefinite black screen a few hours later.... Hmmm... Another reboot" fixed". Again.

Mine is update from 2018.26.1 to 2018.32.2, I noticed another changes besides fog lights icon position:
The Locks panel which used to list keys will show which phone key the car picks up (a label active and more contrast text)
IMG_3464-2.jpg

"if you have the lights or hazard lights turned on. you'll notice they will stop momentarily (means car completely powered off)"
I had several errors while driving and the car refused to drive. Customer service had me power off in the middle of a road with traffic going around me. It's scary. They should have a simple 555 timer based flasher with a small battery to keep the hazard lights flashing. No matter what.

Can't hold the wheel button left/right to change media input anymore.

This is a huge deal. Instead of being able to hold left or right to go to a different favorite, the only way to do it now is by using the touchscreen. You can only use the left and right presses of the scroll wheel to change FM stations or advance tracks on streaming stations. I want to the ability to advance through all of my favorites with the scroll wheel back. It's much more distracting to drive the car when the touch screen has to be used just to change stations.

This is a huge deal. Instead of being able to hold left or right to go to a different favorite, the only way to do it now is by using the touchscreen. You can only use the left and right presses of the scroll wheel to change FM stations or advance tracks on streaming stations. I want to the ability to advance through all of my favorites with the scroll wheel back. It's much more distracting to drive the car when the touch screen has to be used just to change stations.
28.5 seemed to have the same behavior. It is a bit inconsistent.

I cancelled my trial, but I hope to try it sometime in the future.

The only reason I bought my Model 3 was that I wanted EAP. Actually, I mostly wanted TACC. I also wanted a safer, more practical car, but would not have bought it just for that. Autosteer is the greatest invention ever. I really want FSD, but EAP is so close to FSD 95% of the time on the freeway, and a very respectable baby step towards it in the city, that I can live very happily with all the stupid things about the car, such as the phone key, the glass roof, the choice of damn AT&T as cell carrier, and the lack of physical controls for functions that really need them. And the car keeps getting better.

The only reason I bought my Model 3 was that I wanted EAP. Actually, I mostly wanted TACC. I also wanted a safer, more practical car, but would not have bought it just for that. Autosteer is the greatest invention ever. I really want FSD, but EAP is so close to FSD 95% of the time on the freeway, and a very respectable baby step towards it in the city, that I can live very happily with all the stupid things about the car, such as the phone key, the glass roof, the choice of damn AT&T as cell carrier, and the lack of physical controls for functions that really need them. And the car keeps getting better.
My reasons for avoiding it are mostly local and personal:
Most of my driving is 45 miles at a time on rural, non-divided highways where the main dangers are drunks and deer. It is my unfortunate inclination to day-dream when I drive, and I have little doubt my attention would be even poorer with EAP. A system that encourages my bad habits, cannot identify deer, and is not really meant ready to deal with drunks is not a safer driving system *for me*.

The ONLY reason? I can think of one or two (or twenty) other reasons I bought mine...EAP wasn't one of them. I actually enjoy driving this car and don't have a commute to help justify the $9k expense. I do admit to having fun testing it out though. I feel like I'm in George Jetson's "car" when Autopilot is engaged. Both even have glass roofs!

For every quirk or complaint I have with my Model 3 there are five things I love. It's not perfect and not the right choice for everyone. I certainly hope it improves with future updates (both physical and software) but this car is a joy to drive and so beautiful I want to park it in my living room.

Reactions: GSP
The ONLY reason?...

Basically, yes. Keeping in mind that the alternative was just to keep driving the Roadster. :)

... this car is a joy to drive and so beautiful I want to park it in my living room.

A joy to drive, absolutely! Beautiful? To me, as far as appearance goes, it's a car. The Roadster is beautiful. The 3 is a car, but it's a car that's wonderful to drive, mostly because it has EAP. The Roadster is actually more fun to drive, but after an hour or so I get tired. I was hardly tired at all after driving the 3 for eight hours with EAP about 95% of the time.

Reactions: GSP
The ONLY reason? I can think of one or two (or twenty) other reasons I bought mine...EAP wasn't one of them. I actually enjoy driving this car and don't have a commute to help justify the $9k expense. I do admit to having fun testing it out though. I feel like I'm in George Jetson's "car" when Autopilot is engaged. Both even have glass roofs!

For every quirk or complaint I have with my Model 3 there are five things I love. It's not perfect and not the right choice for everyone. I certainly hope it improves with future updates (both physical and software) but this car is a joy to drive and so beautiful I want to park it in my living room.
EAP is not $9000...

Reactions: RenMan68 and Pkmmte
FWIW EAP is arguably the only reason I'm buying it either- in that if that feature didn't exist I wouldn't be buying the car

I mean, I like many other things about it... but none of em so much I'd drop 60k to move to it from my current paid-for car that's nearly as quick, handles quite well, has a nicer interior, is insanely reliable, and while it does use gasoline it'd be many decades before that alone covered the 60k for the M3.

But my drive to work is 30+ miles each way, 90% of it on interstates, often with stop/go traffic in parts, which is where EAP/TACC really shines.

If I were still living in my previous home a 5-10 minute drive from work on mainly local roads I'd probably have just kept my current car.

Reactions: israndy and daniel
Car feels nerfed after getting 32.2. We were on 24.7 since delivery (8/1) and now 0-20 mph drags like an ICE. Wife brought it up (she wasn’t aware of previous nerfing claims and isn’t on forums). My butt dyno agrees vehemently. Hope they bring it back but I suspect the change is permanent.