Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks.

Isn't there something in the car that you can update to send in a feature request?

I have a few that are actually dangerous.

For instance:

Did you know that if the light on the bottom of the drivers door ( puddle light ) falls out...while the door is open...the window will automatically go up the 1/2 inch that it normally stays down.....then when you close the door with your normal force...you will either shatter the window or destroy the chrome molding.

I noticed this behavior when I replaced my puddle lights, but it only happened when I actually unplugged the light from the harness.​
Does your light fall out and unplug from the harness?

Reactions: fseir
Do you have the BMS bootloader update? It apparently usually has to be done at a service center, though they're trying to make it possible for Mobile Service to do it. It seems to have fixed the problems for some people.

I picked up my Tesla Model 3 on 08/11/2018. I was under the impression that everything would be up to date. I'm going to guess the only way to know if my car has the latest BMS bootloader is to talk to the service center? I tried to find information to look up the current version, but I haven't found anything yet. Also, it looks like my research shows that the car's firmware update (I'm currently on 2018.28.3) is separate from the bootloader update.

I got this update this morning as well. Updated from 2018.26.3. One thing I think has changed is the fog light icon is now all the way to the left side of the screen instead of near the headlight icon. Did this actually change or am I remembering things incorrectly?

View attachment 327543

The fog light icon was definitely not on the far left. Currently on 2018.28.3, the fog light icon is to the right of the speedometer.

20180822_183900.jpg

Phone calls echo seems to be finally completely gone in 32.2. I'm so happy! I felt the autopilot do more tiny corrections on highway but it could be because I got used to ap1 loaner on highway. Ap1 did try to kill me 3 times in two days while ap2.5 only tried 2 times in 3 months. I'm going with ap2.5 is hands down better vs ap1. I see no other noticable behavior difference between 28.1 and 32.2

Oh, ap1 loaner had 28.5

Definitely looking forward to that, the echo for me happened randomly and a few times I had to switch off the bluetooth and hold the phone, which seemed very silly in such a high tech car.

I received this 2018.32.2 update late last night. I wasn't expecting it, but good to receive. I'll see if my vampire battery drain will be resolved within 24 hours. Otherwise, I'll have to hit up the service center.

that sort of defeats the purpose of fog lights...On an ICE even if you press the foglight buttons they dont come on unless you turn the headlights on.

I’ve had several ICE cars which would allow me to run the fog lamps and running lights while leaving the headlamps off.

High/Low beams are regulated by safety organizations.

Fog lamps are considered supplemental equipment and are not regulated, except in that they may not interfere with the regular lights.

If you drive with fog lights only at night, you may be subject to a ticket in some jurisdictions as you are not driving with the regulated equipment.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
also received this release this morning, coming from .28.1. And my 14 day AP trial popped up today as well!

unfortunately it expires the day we leave for an 800 mile road trip :(

Major bummer...900 mile Coast Hwy trip to Big Sur in three weeks. "Missed it by that much!" Too bad we can't delay the start of the trial period. It'll be a great drive regardless but would have been a real test for Autopilot. Can't justify paying the asking price so this will be our only experience.