Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 32.2 last night and saw a small issue.

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue.

If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

IMG_4207.jpg

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue.

If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

View attachment 328475

Have you checked your brake lights to make sure your rear driver's side works?

• Informative
Reactions: David Haynes
Why does every software update screw up the media favorites? It happens every single time and it's getting really old. Specifically, favorites disappearing and having to be re-added and order of favorites changing. I programmed the presets once in my old car and never had to touch them again over 10 years, but every few weeks in the 3 I have to re-do it. Reset doesn't help. Of all the complex systems in the car, this seems like one that should be easy to get right. Does this happen with the S and X also?

Do we need to crazy glue that light on the bottom of the door?
Isn't that the weirdest thing? Why would Tesla program a car to do that?

I replaced those lights with those aftermarket logo beaming thingies. I didn't notice the window going up or down when I replaced them.
But also, I had to use a knife to get the lights out and it didn't go easy. I'm surprised yours fall out by itself.

Perhaps something else in your door is loose as well that is causing this issue? For example, the switch that determines if the door is open or closed? That would explain things

• Helpful
Reactions: yyzbig6
Why does every software update screw up the media favorites? It happens every single time and it's getting really old. Specifically, favorites disappearing and having to be re-added and order of favorites changing. I programmed the presets once in my old car and never had to touch them again over 10 years, but every few weeks in the 3 I have to re-do it. Reset doesn't help. Of all the complex systems in the car, this seems like one that should be easy to get right. Does this happen with the S and X also?

At least for me, they don't really go away after an update or reboot, but I have to switch to each "source" to see its favorites in the list after an update (and sometimes they're a little flaky for a day or two, though I haven't noticed that with the past couple updates). Once I've done that, they seem to stick around until the next reboot.

At least for me, they don't really go away after an update or reboot, but I have to switch to each "source" to see its favorites in the list after an update (and sometimes they're a little flaky for a day or two, though I haven't noticed that with the past couple updates). Once I've done that, they seem to stick around until the next reboot.
The order of mine seems to have reversed, which sucks. I purposely added the two most used ones first and now they are at the end. So I have to scroll and stretch to reach them. I guess I'll be deleting and re-adding everything. :( The other issue (that I've had all along) is the station I tune to on an HD sub channel sometimes tunes in the main channel instead. So instead of AM sports talk I get dance music.

After my autopilot started working after initially being unavailable I've noticed 2 positive things
1. It no longer pulls quickly to the right as soon as I enable auto-pilot. First started to happen on 26.3
2. Lane changes are smoother then on any version I've had before.

Got .32 yesterday. Still seeing lots of "loading errors" on tunein. Others seeing this still, too? It's one thing when something just won't play, but I hate when it just stops in the middle of the episode and starts playing the next....

I’ve been getting this in Slacker recently too, but only when I request specific tracks. Not sure if it’s an issue with the Slacker service or Tesla. The reason I’m not sure if this is an issue on Slacker’s end is that this only seems to happen when I request newly released tracks so I’m not sure if there’s an audio file issue with these tracks on the Slacker servers. The songs I’ve noticed it with most recently are:

Disturbed - Are You Ready
Alice In Chains - So Far Under
Parkway Drive - Prey

I am eventually able to get them to play if I reload them enough times or redo the voice search command for them but it’s very annoying that they just don’t start playing immediately like they should.

Try cleaning the lens cover.

Major bummer...900 mile Coast Hwy trip to Big Sur in three weeks. "Missed it by that much!" Too bad we can't delay the start of the trial period. It'll be a great drive regardless but would have been a real test for Autopilot. Can't justify paying the asking price so this will be our only experience.

Wow!! Brave!! One miscalculation may cause a several hundred foot drop in elevation.

• Funny
Reactions: Eclipse3EB
PSA
Immediately after my 32 update, the first time I used reverse, I got a black screen and though "WTH I thought this was fixed in 32....". Well it stayed black indefinitely and never came on. A bit later I did a reboot and it appears to be back with no delay like others are reporting

• Informative
Reactions: GSP