Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update version 36.2.1 user interface changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also a big fan of HOLD mode. I find that one pedal driving leads more efficient driving / use of the battery.

I don't really think this is the case.

The most efficient driving is to coast as much as possible, so as to avoid accelerating as much as possible. This is especially the case in stop and go traffic. You want to leave as much room between you and the car in front of you so you can coast as much as you can and avoid coming to a stop and having to re-accelerate the car up to speed again. ALL of your power consumption comes from accelerating the car, and you only get a portion of it back in regen.

The advantages of one pedal driving are it's a lot less foot movement, and it potentially reduces wear on your brake pads. And if you have to come to a full stop anyway (at a STOP sign or traffic light) then it's a wash. But it's not really an efficiency feature.

It sounds as if you have a pretty heavy brake foot by the way. I have to depress the brake pedal pretty hard when I'm at a stop to get it to go into HOLD mode, although maybe it's a difference in driving style...again I try to coast out to a stop as much as possible such that I only have to tap (lightly) on the brake to come to a complete stop.

It sounds as if you have a pretty heavy brake foot by the way. I have to depress the brake pedal pretty hard when I'm at a stop to get it to go into HOLD mode, although maybe it's a difference in driving style...again I try to coast out to a stop as much as possible such that I only have to tap (lightly) on the brake to come to a complete stop.

That's strange - I don't need to press the brake pedal at all. If I coast to a halt (which I manage to do quite a lot), the car goes in to hold mode on it's own i.e. it applies the brake when I come to a halt, not me.

Reactions: guggie1
That's strange - I don't need to press the brake pedal at all. If I coast to a halt (which I manage to do quite a lot), the car goes in to hold mode on it's own i.e. it applies the brake when I come to a halt, not me.

Not strange at all. You are using one-pedal driving mode. I do not. The post that I was responding to seemed to be referring to a time period before one-pedal driving was available, at which time HOLD mode was not automatic, yet the poster reported the car going into HOLD mode every time he depressed the brake pedal while coming to a stop.

It has been over 6 months now since EAP stopped leaving the passing lane. Call it a conspiracy, but I think they are purposely leaving that bug along with showing everything, there and not there, as a cone to get people to spend the money on FSD.

It has been over 6 months now since EAP stopped leaving the passing lane. Call it a conspiracy, but I think they are purposely leaving that bug along with showing everything, there and not there, as a cone to get people to spend the money on FSD.

Still won’t work on HW2.5 even if you upgrade software to FSD. You’d need to upgrade to HW3. That’s what happened to me when I was still on HW2.5, even though I bought FSD software at purchase.

Still won’t work on HW2.5 even if you upgrade software to FSD. You’d need to upgrade to HW3. That’s what happened to me when I was still on HW2.5, even though I bought FSD software at purchase.

Mine exited the passing lane just fine, on HW2.5, as recently as a couple days ago (and at least going back several weeks I can think of- haven't driven a ton in recent months though)- so if that ever really was a problem it's been fixed for a while now.

I love 'HOLD' mode. I can drive for miles and not use the brake pedal, it feels so intuitive. Getting back in an ICE car feels even stranger than it used to now.

Was 'Hold' mode something added on later?

I got my car on the 6/24/20 So regenerative braking and hold mode was something I thought was there since Day 1.

Definitely is something that you need to get used to but I love it not braking. Like Touch ID, Face ID, Larger Screens (remember size phobia on smart phones back in 2009?) you can't go back once you start.

Was 'Hold' mode something added on later?

I got my car on the 6/24/20 So regenerative braking and hold mode was something I thought was there since Day 1.

Your "Day 1" was less than a month ago! ;)

Yes, HOLD mode (at least in this context) was something that was added later.

Regenerative braking has always been there.

The "Hold" feature--different from the HOLD mode being discussed, where you can strongly depress the brake pedal and it will hold the brakes on--has been there since my Day 1 (about 2 years ago), but I believe has been around for much longer than that.

Your "Day 1" was less than a month ago! ;)

Yes, HOLD mode (at least in this context) was something that was added later.

Regenerative braking has always been there.

The "Hold" feature--different from the HOLD mode being discussed, where you can strongly depress the brake pedal and it will hold the brakes on--has been there since my Day 1 (about 2 years ago), but I believe has been around for much longer than that.

heh heh, I dont know if other people went through this but I've been spending more time in my Model 3 than at home.

Just looking for excuses to go out even when everythings closed because of this damn pandemic.

Try reporting it. I have with no result. I don't think the mods like me - this thread was already a dupe when it was first created, which I reported, and then when it was pinned I reported it (as a dupe again), and then again recently. Maybe for some reason they think it's important.