Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update = Voice Recognition not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was pleased to receive the text messaging function. However, I find the voice recognition is poor. My brother is now paste or pizza.
Pizza suggested trying my best American accent. It works. He's now Peter.

My voice recognition stopped after the most recent update earlier in Feb. have rebooted several tones without any improvement.
Is the next step Tesla workshop?

If you were using Model S or X you might try to reboot your instrument cluster as well not just the center touchscreen but hold down the two top buttons above the scroll wheels until your cluster reboots It also may be involved in voice recognition working properly. Just a thought

If you were using Model S or X you might try to reboot your instrument cluster as well not just the center touchscreen but hold down the two top buttons above the scroll wheels until your cluster reboots It also may be involved in voice recognition working properly. Just a thought

Voice recognition is broken since an update in 2019 for everyone in the UK!

9/10 times it doesn't hear anything the other 1 time it hears something random, the only thing you can do or used to be able to do is open the glove box.

Nobody at Tesla UK can do anything and nobody else seems to care meanwhile the stock has gone up x3 lol

Very little works for me. I’d say 1-5% of the time it works.

Sometimes it does recognise what I say like “set the temperature to 20 degrees” and then does nothing even though it confirms to change.

The the text reading volume seems stuck at about 70% with no way to change it.