Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update w/ premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not gotten the update yet but I assume I will at some point.. Anything noteworthy change going to 104?

Something is definitely different with our cars as we appear to be on an odd update path...

I've not actually driven the car yet, since this minor update, though I did see the same exact Release Notes displayed after updating, as I had saw when 2019.15.103 was re-pushed to my car the other day. Considering it's such a minor point release, I'd assume not much has changed. But if I notice anything, I'll give an update.

Reactions: LunkHead
You can also connect via a WiFi hotspot on your cell phone. Not ideal, however some people have claimed it’s a successful strategy. It can also be done while your driving.

I tried this, but no luck. It’s already connected to my home WiFi, but my car still has not received any updates, so that’s why I tried the WiFi hotspot with my phone. Any other suggestions?

Using your Tesla App, submit a service ticket, ensure you cars WiFi is on. You should get an update within 2 to 3 hours.

What if I already have a pending service ticket for another issue. Any way to circumvent that?

I tried this, but no luck. It’s already connected to my home WiFi, but my car still has not received any updates, so that’s why I tried the WiFi hotspot with my phone. Any other suggestions?

What if I already have a pending service ticket for another issue. Any way to circumvent that?
I’ve never submitted 2 tickets at once, so i don’t know.

Your first ticket is probably more important, keep it.

I updated to 2019.20.4.4 and didn’t see any difference.

Fred

What firmware are you on? Some of us are on an odd update path as there is something different on our cars or they are being used to test something we don't know about... If you are on .103 then there is a minor update to .104.1 that is flowing out...

If you are connected to WiFi then there is no voodoo you can try to make it work, especially if you are on .103..

As far as making more than one appointment through the app, you can't do it.. At least on the iOS version it is not possible.. You can call a service center and have them add more but you can't do it through the app...

If you are close to a service center you can drive there and ask them to push the latest.. Don't be surprised if the same version is pushed though as a few of us here in this thread had that happen with .103..

If you are on .103 then welcome to the oddball club.. :D

Yep, 2019.15.103

Welcome to the oddball club!

.104.1 was pushed out yesterday to some so I'd give it a few days to see if you get it. Tesla does stagger the push so not all people on the firmware get it at the same time. I got it last night and don't see anything different. The minor increase in number tells me it's a very minor update...

For some reason our cars are different and on a strange update path. Maybe it's a different component somewhere in the car or they are being used to test something we are unaware of...

Either way, I'd give it a few days and see if you get .104.1 pushed. If not, the service department can push it OR the mobile tech can push it during the appointment you already have scheduled.

I'm on 15.103 as well. Picked the car up on 6/23. Have never gotten an in-app notification about the update being available, but the software menu in the car shows a pending update that has partially downloaded (maybe 2-5% based on the progress bar). It says it needs wifi to complete. Car is always on wifi in the garage. We've tried all the tricks I've seen on here like turning off Sentry mode and cabin temp control, and have also tried phone hotspot while my wife was parked at work yesterday. Nothing. Reached out to Tesla and the response was:

"Your update is getting ready to upload in your system. Please guarantee that you have a strong WiFi signal at all time as these packages are very large and will take several hours."

So, I guess we're just going to wait and see and hope it shows up sometime.

I picked up my HW3 SR+ last week. It came with 15.103 and had an update pending for 15.104 - seems like an over-the-air update since I hadn't been on WiFi yet. I have received nothing since. I can ping my model 3 on the wifi network, so that is working. Assume we're on a weird branch.