Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

I just took delivery of a new Model 3 with FSD. I am still awaiting for the latest software update which installs the game similar to the Mario racing cart as well as the enhanced summon. I saw the Mario racing cart game in the arcade section of my friends 2018 Model 3 earlier this week.

When will I get the update ? I have not received any notification and as per my car my software is up to date.

Regards

S

OTA updates can be spread out over a period of time. One time recently I was an early recipient, the last two time (including 2019.20.4.2 -- buggy racing) I was about a week after others said they started to get it. How are you liking the car other than the arcade games?

I am still on 2019.15.103 and the car is constantly connected to wifi when at home.. No big deal really as the car operates fine but it is interesting that mine appears to be stuck on this version and won't budge....

You really need both LTE and WiFi to get an update robustly. It gets signaled to update over LTE and then connects to WiFi for the update itself.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and SigNC
Thanks , I am connected to WiFi at home.
I have still not named my car. Do you think this is why I am not getting the software updates?
Naming the Car has nothing to do with software updates.

Follow these instructions:

1. Put the car in Park
2. Press on the Fan icon
3. Check to see that “Keep Climate On” is off

Note: according to the manual, no software updates will be performed with Keep Climate On

Fred

8FB30F65-7058-48B0-9114-E9694B985AFC.jpeg
D948EFFB-4C9B-44C7-BD73-6DE7FEF5EDFF.jpeg

I’m up to date with my firmware updates, just know that when they have a mass rollout, I usually get mine around 4 to 5 days later. So set the parameters I submitted above and have a little bit of patience, it will come.

Fred