Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-8-6_10-45-36.png
upload_2019-8-6_10-45-36.png

I agreed to schedule some software update for this morning at 2a.m. At about that time someone saw my headlights flashing. This morning I cannot start the car with ether the phone key or the key card. The key card unlocked the door but does not have any effect on the starting. My phone says the car info "updated yesterday," and the little circle is rotating like it is updating, but nothing happens. It shows my car parked where it was yesterday. Customer service has no living person answering, even when I try roadside assistance. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Roy

I agreed to schedule some software update for this morning at 2a.m. At about that time someone saw my headlights flashing. This morning I cannot start the car with ether the phone key or the key card. The key card unlocked the door but does not have any effect on the starting. My phone says the car info "updated yesterday," and the little circle is rotating like it is updating, but nothing happens. It shows my car parked where it was yesterday. Customer service has no living person answering, even when I try roadside assistance. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Roy
First you have tried a hard restart. Next FORGET calling. Go on the app and hit Schedule Service and use the app. A service adviser should give you a call very soon.

just read this thread and wondering...(haven't taken possession of my MX yet) can updates be done whilst car is in garage? i ask b/c i can never get the sat radio to work and the pix above lead me to believe it's a probably...i was under the assumption updates were done at nite whilst car was resting...in the garage...??

just read this thread and wondering...(haven't taken possession of my MX yet) can updates be done whilst car is in garage? i ask b/c i can never get the sat radio to work and the pix above lead me to believe it's a probably...i was under the assumption updates were done at nite whilst car was resting...in the garage...??
You can do an update install ANYWHERE as long as you are in park and have 30 minutes to an hour that you can't drive. You just need to be on WiFi to download the update.

You can do an update install ANYWHERE as long as you are in park and have 30 minutes to an hour that you can't drive. You just need to be on WiFi to download the update.
You can update on either WiFi or LTE, but it definitely takes longer for Tesla to “schedule/allow” your car to update on LTE. I also use an EERO mesh system for my house WiFi coverage and it works great. Netgear and Google make similar mesh systems. You can also set your S/W update interval to advanced int he car settings on the MCU and to me that seems to accelerate when a I get the updates somewhat.