Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No improvement on Windscreen wipers yet unfortunately...

It's really bad this tome of the year and honestly the only thing i wish Tesla would fix!

They just dont work.
This morning, got in the car with a dry windscreen, they went flat out for 15 seconds look a lunatic.
Then when its raining i'm pressing a stalk button just to keep visibility.

Might call service centre soon as its not derivable.

Both 2019.36.2.1 and 2019.32.12.7 are being rolled out extensively, 2019.36.2.1 appears to be AP3 only 2019.32.12.7 appears to be NON-AP3 only

they probably relate to different options, so fair chance that you already have the latest version (dunno if that means that you get "absolutely no indication/response from press-and-hold" though)

Last edited:
Software v. 2019.36.2.1. Got it this morning. The true one pedal driving option (where regen is not restricted) is a game changer for me. It stops the car quickly if you lift off the accelerator, even on a downhill slope. I will need to learn the technique and feel of it, but I suspect that braking in the Model 3 will be used 80+% less than before, which in turn was 80+% less than my previous diesel automatic car. This will hugely improve the brake pad particulate problem in cities once adopted widely.
Now, roll on (get it??) the promised wheel/tyre systems that do not leave dangerous PM 2.5s all over our roads from the rubber (etc) in the tyre as it wears.

Now, roll on

I read somewhere that part of the tyre wear problem was gear changing on manuals - the sudden or slight jerk of the change transmitted through to the poor, long suffering, tyres.

I have much better tyre wear from my Performance MS than I would have expected ... better traction control etc. may well have been part of the reason. It certainly wasn't a light-footed driver!

Very small improvement apparently. 0-100 time is about 0.5 sec quicker.

Not sure I would describe that as "very small" :)

I reckon that MODs on an already sub 5s ICE to get a 0.5s improvement would cost what? £5K? £10K?

Reactions: JCremonini
I read somewhere that part of the tyre wear problem was gear changing on manuals - the sudden or slight jerk of the change transmitted through to the poor, long suffering, tyres.

I have much better tyre wear from my Performance MS than I would have expected ... better traction control etc. may well have been part of the reason. It certainly wasn't a light-footed driver!

Not sure I would describe that as "very small" :)

I reckon that MODs on an already sub 5s ICE to get a 0.5s improvement would cost what? £5K? £10K?

Agree. 0-100 is already, what , 8.5 odd seconds so taking 0.5 off that is pretty big.

I’ve seen one video with 0-60 coming down from 3.4 to 3.3 but the equipment used is hardly accurate so I would imagine 0-60 could be anywhere from 3.1 to 3.4 now.