Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few minor things I have noticed with new update:

1. When using 1 pedal driving and when you come to a stop and the little hold (grey one) shows you hear a small click coming from the right behind the steering wheel at the same time.

2. Slow traffic below 2mph to 0 the car is trying to rock me to sleep. It applies the break about 3 times then stops.

3. Motor sounds different

4. WiFi tethering from phone to use YouTube is now needed. Netflix still works over LTE from the car.

5. AP seems a bit more drunk. Sways a bit more going down the Motorway.

6. Steering slightly heavier

Above are what I'm experiencing so may differ to everyone else :)

On this latest update I reckon the regenerative braking is reduced from it's former level. I've had to use my brake because the anticipated decel isn't there when I lift my foot.
Just me?
I thought that initially, then discovered that although when I checked the initial setting was on ‘hold’, later finding in fact it was on ‘creep’. Changing to ‘hold’ then made a massive difference, and driving now is a new learning curve.

It's really bad this tome of the year and honestly the only thing i wish Tesla would fix!

They just dont work.
This morning, got in the car with a dry windscreen, they went flat out for 15 seconds look a lunatic.
Then when its raining i'm pressing a stalk button just to keep visibility.

Might call service centre soon as its not derivable.

Elon has already said there’s a fix on the way. [twitter]

reported in release notes as fix in 2019.40.1

Woke up to a 'half charged' car this morning - for some reason the max amps were set to 15 instead of 30......no intervention by me, except to set the start time (as per normal). As I aim to finish charging and leave at approx the same time this does not help with the commute.

Thankfully we have Superchargers 15 miles away.....but still. Not loving the 'charging schedule' part of this upgrade. I'm hoping it was just a one time glitch......

Reactions: TM3PTN
Woke up to a 'half charged' car this morning - for some reason the max amps were set to 15 instead of 30......no intervention by me, except to set the start time (as per normal). As I aim to finish charging and leave at approx the same time this does not help with the commute.

Thankfully we have Superchargers 15 miles away.....but still. Not loving the 'charging schedule' part of this upgrade. I'm hoping it was just a one time glitch......

Not good. I'm on 2019.36.2.1 and fortunately I can report that my own scheduled start for charging has been working as normal and charge rates are as before (SR+).

The new manual does speak about charge rate reductions that will "stick" to a location if there is a temporary supply issue ... they can apparently be lifted manually ... but then I also read about some people who are routinely struggling with the charge rate issue despite having done that (not necessarily related to software version I think).

I've had no trouble with the charge rate for the last eight weeks, have rebooted the car and will keep fingers crossed that the same thing doesn't happen again tonight.

Hoping that 2019.36.2.2 will have some minor fixes that may help - although I saw a Reddit post that 40.1 was actually on the way with some enhanced wiper software (No installs on TeslaFi yet).

Reddit post here: Software update 2019.40.1 will include SR+ charging to 170kW, improvements to lane changes and improved wipers. : teslamotors

1 pedal driving works for me. It seems a much stronger regen to me. This has to be one of the best features that’s been upgraded recently IMHO
I was brought up in the 60 and 70’s era and done my motor vehicle apprenticeship at a British Leyland dealership, after doing my first software update on my dual motor Model 3 I can honestly say I never thought I would see this day when down loading a piece of software could change a vehicle like this has. This is like getting an updated model car without changing it. The increase in power and now complete one foot driving is marvellous, how far behind these Germans are, it’s no wonder there sales are falling. The Model 3 is just such a fun car to drive, must try out some of the Autopilot changes

Reactions: pwrkiter and pow216

I had this exact issue two days ago so decided to scrap using scheduled charging until it was fixed.

Luckily for me i had enough in the 'tank' for my day so just charged as normal when i got home in the evening.

Just to be clear, if the car is set to "charge immediately at the maximum available rate", with no departure time/date set, and no preconditioning, and the charge point is under time switch control. so that it switches on at the start of the off-peak period and off at the end of the off-peak period, will it normally charge at the maximum rate available (allowing for charge rate tapering as the car reaches full charge)?