Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear, if the car is set to "charge immediately at the maximum available rate", with no departure time/date set, and no preconditioning, and the charge point is under time switch control. so that it switches on at the start of the off-peak period and off at the end of the off-peak period, will it normally charge at the maximum rate available (allowing for charge rate tapering as the car reaches full charge)?

Yes - that is my experience.

I had this exact issue two days ago so decided to scrap using scheduled charging until it was fixed.

Luckily for me i had enough in the 'tank' for my day so just charged as normal when i got home in the evening.

Just set it to start charge at 3am - max set to 10A instead of 30A.....! Changed it using the '+' to 30A. Immediately went back to 10A (not 15A like last night).

Removed schedule, immediately jumped to 30A limit. Reset start to 3am - limit stayed at 30A. Will report back in the morning to let everyone know if the Amp Gremlins have been at it again...

Reactions: TM3PTN
Just set it to start charge at 3am - max set to 10A instead of 30A.....! Changed it using the '+' to 30A. Immediately went back to 10A (not 15A like last night).

Removed schedule, immediately jumped to 30A limit. Reset start to 3am - limit stayed at 30A. Will report back in the morning to let everyone know if the Amp Gremlins have been at it again...

Amp Gremlins stayed away - charged properly overnight.

Reactions: TM3PTN
Been away for a week so only downloaded update last night. Plugged my car is as normal and let the 'smart' charger do its thing with the view of the car being charged to 90%. Wake up this morning to find it stopped at 78% and only achieved a max of 16amps.

First time it's done this since owning the car so can only imagine its update related. Will keep an eye on it..

On this latest update I reckon the regenerative braking is reduced from it's former level. I've had to use my brake because the anticipated decel isn't there when I lift my foot.
Just me?

I am wondering this too. It's as if it's still a bit limited even when the yellow dotted line has gone. But I also think it may be weather related since once I was a good way into a longer drive I couldn't be so sure it was reduced.

Yes - happened yesterday (twice) when I took a friend out for a ride. Have to have both doors opened at the same time, close the door, passenger window stays down.....
I also discovered that a window was left slightly open all night last night.
Only found out when looking at the Tesla app - the vent button said “Close”
This is a bit worrying, surely it should inform you when trying to lock the vehicle.
Can we report bugs somewhere?

I also discovered that a window was left slightly open all night last night.
Only found out when looking at the Tesla app - the vent button said “Close”
This is a bit worrying, surely it should inform you when trying to lock the vehicle.
Can we report bugs somewhere?

Yes. Although I'm not sure it works....
Voice Command "Bug Report"

Since updating to 2019.36.2.1 TeslaFi is reporting 1 mile range loss per hour when sleeping!
Anyone else getting this?
Prior to this it was typically less than 1 mile loss for the whole night.

Perhaps you already found the solution for this, but if not, it is due to the recent update that brought “Summon Standby mode“ to the car. It keeps the computer on 24/7 just so you can save two seconds when using Summon mode. Doesn’t seem like a good trade off. To turn off Summon Standby mode, do this…

Go to Autopilot under car's menu -> tap standby mode -> toggle off

After doing that, you will no longer lose 1 mile of charge every hour. Instead, you will only use lose a couple of miles in total every day.