Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up the vehicle mid June, the software version was 2020.20.12. Today, the software got updated to version 2020.20.17. When I put the vehicle into reverse, only the rear camera works. Should the software be 2020.20.24? Did Tesla push the wrong version to my vehicle?

Software updates reach different people at different times, and different versions. These can especially differ by country. It's not that it's the "wrong" version, you just haven't gotten what some others have yet. A few people have been getting bad bugs with the new software, so I treat this as a win! You only need to worry about not receiving updates if you happen to be many months behind everyone else - that might be indicative of a problem, then you can just ask Service via the app to push an update.

Usually if you're seeing a new FSD/AP feature announced in the next software update, we won't get it right away (even if we get the "same" software version).

I'm still on 2020.20.12 FWIW.