Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny.... I just submitted a service ticket thinking that my car was playing tricks on me, as I have 2021.3.106 and the car says it's up to date as of now. Seems like the roll out is on a rolling basis and isn't just blasted out to every vehicle at once.

Do you by any chance have an SR? No FSD? Just wondering would something like those things limit you to some, or even most, updates???
I don't think it does, after further researching, I realized that it doesn't matter the cost or features of the vehicle. The updates sporadically come within the next few weeks to months of their release date.

Funny.... I just submitted a service ticket thinking that my car was playing tricks on me, as I have 2021.3.106 and the car says it's up to date as of now. Seems like the roll out is on a rolling basis and isn't just blasted out to every vehicle at once.
I’m also on 2021.3.106. I got my car last month and never received an update yet. Wondering when you received your first update after you got your car?

I don't have any inside knowledge about this nor have I seen anyone explain it, but my intuition tells me that this version of the software provides information to Tesla regarding a new car's behavior. If everything checks out okay, then the car gets a more recent software version. This version first appeared in March of this year and there have been numerous changes based on the high (103) sub-version number, likely to accommodate all models in all regions.

Just got my first software update since taking delivery on 8/26.

Attachments

• 4CABEDC9-F3C7-4560-8363-37B1F70BE573.jpeg
    4CABEDC9-F3C7-4560-8363-37B1F70BE573.jpeg
    788.6 KB · Views: 67
I just received 2021.32.21 as well. Was notified through my Tesla app at which point I was able initiate the download/install through my app since my M3 is sitting in my garage downstairs connected to Wifi. Went down to check about 30 min later and it's now updated, have Car Wash Mode and Disney+. I've also had software updates set to Advanced for a couple weeks now. I was previously stuck on 2021.11.102 ever since I picked up my M3 on 9/9.

I just received 2021.32.21 as well. Was notified through my Tesla app at which point I was able initiate the download/install through my app since my M3 is sitting in my garage downstairs connected to Wifi. Went down to check about 30 min later and it's now updated, have Car Wash Mode and Disney+. I've also had software updates set to Advanced for a couple weeks now. I was previously stuck on 2021.11.102 ever since I picked up my M3 on 9/9.
My MYP had version 2021.3.106 when I took delivery on 8/26. I'm reading the 2021.32.21 release notes as we speak, which is cumulative with all previous updates I didn't have.

Does this actually have car wash mode and disney? Didn't get to my car yet.

Yes, the 2021.32 update includes the 2021.24 updates that has the Disney+, car wash mode, and disabling the auto-dimming mirrors (which is what I really needed for my tinted windows).

The install took about 30-35 min over my wifi, and then I needed another 5-8 min to update the gaming software. I got the update to install today around 1:30pm PST, and I took delivery of my vision-only MYP on 8/21.

Reactions: Doublea88